chips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dempsey561

Reaction score
HEART. Honda Enthusiast Against Ricer Trash. Love hondas lol. Hate the ones that look like they just came off the set of The Fast and The Furious.

As for the Chip. I'd recommend getting one, selling it for more than what you payed, and get Black Bear Tuning.

98blackbell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jokes on me,, i guess i meant 410 gears. I need to call 411 for information though!

fktahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lmao...

Lifted v8, big heavy ass meaty tires, and gears wants better gas mileage...

Just buya honda

i miss my honda after reading this , haha all 600 horses , I have to disagree with whoever said all hand helds are crap , ive got 410 gears front and rear , 35s and i bought the superchips flashpaq and i couldnt believe in how much of a difference it made for 230 bucks , but id like to get more info on custom tunes i keep seeing all over this site , Ive got a tranny that will hold up 2 700 hp and 700 ft pounds of torque , my motor is completely stock vortec , any suggestions?

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

I sent in my info and havent heard from Black Bear which has given me time to think.

Should I swap the computer or just step up and buy the real deal with EFI live?

I put a ROM chip in my sons car. One of those rice burning motor swapped things. His car is a Nissan 240sx with the SR20DET motor out of the S15 with the 6 speed tranny.

The tune we bought was from Nis-Tune, a computer based tuning that you plug you laptop into. Something specific for there cars. The tune program is overboard on what it can do. We bought bigger cams ( 272 Lift compared to stock 236) put bigger injectors in 470 to 750cc. The tune was awesome because they had the option to pick exactly what we were putting in the motor and it already had it set up. Changed to a bigger MAS air flow and KAPOW. Redid the mapping on timing, fuel delivery etc.

Car made 236 hp at 14 lbs of boost on the stock 470cc injectors and stock cams. Just with the swap we made 298 hp on same boost. Turned the boost up to 17lbs and 348hp. WOW. All to the rear wheels.

I think I am going to order the EFI Live instead, for that option to control everything.

I dont know much about the 240's but ive had 2 delsols and 2 civic hatches , one was powered buy a Borgwarner John Deere tractor turbo , and it 453 hp at 16 psi and i bumped it up to 25 and it made over 650 . but ive always loved the 240's i was thinking about getting back into the cars but i got so tired of the headaches and tickets!

TravNasty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I sent my computer to PCMforless. Told him the specs on my 383 stroker. Cost me $190.00
I now get 19mpg driving 68 on the freeway when I go snowboarding, 14mpg towing the boat at 63, and 10 maybe 11 when rampaging through town.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got a tranny that will hold up 2 700 hp and 700 ft pounds of torque , my motor is completely stock vortec , any suggestions?

Stop wasting money on a beefy trans when you have a stock engine??

fktahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can't build a house without a foundation!

^^^^i like this guy! The only reason i replaced my transmission is because my stock one went out after 181k miles ! so y not buy a better one? and u deck ur motor out and lets see how well a stock 4l60e will work ! not very good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia