Check trailer wiring message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I hook my trailer up today and this error message came on. Check video below. Even when I click this mess about five seconds later it would come back on again. Click this mess. Five seconds later come back on again. Follow that routine over and over. Is there a way to disable this? Obviously when I'm pulling the trailer I don't have time to pull over and fix what might be wrong in the wiring harness.

https://vimeo.com/121546561

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krzyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hook my trailer up today and this error message came on. Check video below. Even when I click this mess about five seconds later it would come back on again. Click this mess. Five seconds later come back on again. Follow that routine over and over. Is there a way to disable this? Obviously when I'm pulling the trailer I don't have time to pull over and fix what might be wrong in the wiring harness.

https://vimeo.com/121546561

I hear that, no one behind you likely cares if your trailer lights work either, just drive fast and don't stop.:hmmm2:

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
It's not who was around me that's bothersome it's the error message that keeps coming on in the Tahoe

krzyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe just disconnect the harness, since you aren't concerned about whether your trailer lights work then.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Maybe I should be a little clearer on my question. Is there a way that anyone knows of to dismiss or get rid of the check wiring harness message coming on every five seconds? My brake lights work my turn signal works on the left side and the running lights work. The right-hand turn signal does not work.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar