2014 PPV Trailer Connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ppvfan

Reaction score
I'm looking into adding some reverse lights powered by the trailer connector. However I can't get the cover off the connector hanging by the rear bumper. I tried turning CCW and pulling on it to no avail. I want to check if there is voltage to any of the pins before I order a trailer pigtail.

How does this come off?

If I have voltage there is it worth $20 for a trailer pigtail or would tapping into the reverse and ground wires work?

Thanks.

trailer-connector-sm.jpeg

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking into adding some reverse lights powered by the trailer connector. However I can't get the cover off the connector hanging by the rear bumper. I tried turning CCW and pulling on it to no avail. I want to check if there is voltage to any of the pins before I order a trailer pigtail.

How does this come off?

If I have voltage there is it worth $20 for a trailer pigtail or would tapping into the reverse and ground wires work?

Thanks.

View attachment 420392
Grab it with a pair of pliers and pull. It pops off.

OP
OP
P

ppvfan

Reaction score
It took me a few minutes to realize there's a clip in that notch that has to be released first. In any case, I can't find voltage to any of the pins when it's running with lights on etc. Maybe tapping into the reverse wire in the taillight is a better way to go.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It took me a few minutes to realize there's a clip in that notch that has to be released first. In any case, I can't find voltage to any of the pins when it's running with lights on etc. Maybe tapping into the reverse wire in the taillight is a better way to go.
I forgot the constant hot in the pigtail is not connected at the firewall end. It’s coiled up and taped near the steering column. That would give you a constant hot if you ever wanted it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts