Change from 07+ captains to '06- bench??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

my09denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the 00-06 2nd row seats will bolt right in on the 07+ body style? I'm not concerned about losing the power folding. I'd like to keep the 2nd row heat. That should be easy if they just bolt in place?

I hate how they don't fold flat like my 03 did. There is no "utility" to my sport utility vehicle....

Thanks

preston

Reaction score
I've been wondering the same thing. That is pretty muck the only thing I dislike about the '07+.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't you think it would look weird with 2 totally different styles of seats in there?

To each his own I guess.

Mr. B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it would work, but I totally agree. Why GM is still making SUVs without fold flat second and third rows is beyond me. Fricken stupid.

I'm a GM guy to the core, but if Ford ever puts a motor in an Expedition with horsepower similar to a Denali, I'm there. I have a hunch Ford will be doing it soon. They are now offering a 6.2L 400+ hp motor in the Raptor pickup.

Last edited:

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
My mom loved the 3rd row that folded flat in the Navigator. It was pretty neat.

OP
OP
M

my09denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't you think it would look weird with 2 totally different styles of seats in there?

To each his own I guess.

True. while I'm at might as well change to the old style front seats too where the seats had side lumbar support that "hugged" you in the seat preventing sliding sideways on the leather when cornering.....

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, the seats might bolt on but you'd have to figure out how to wire it correctly if you want the power features to work. The harnesses will not cross over.

Mr. B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the older style front seats had the seatbelts built into them didn't they? That might look goofy too, since our new ones have them in the pillars.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep, they're on the seats. That kinda would look a bit odd. You'd have to figure out what to do with the pillar ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wesley e