CCM Kit Installation LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Asylum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the 2.5 kit on the weekend, but somethings been bothering me since then about the replacement of the ball joint.
Been looking around a bit to see if anyone else mentioning if they had problems getting the top ball joint back in place.
When I placed the jack under the lower arm to raise it, I noticed the truck was rising instead of the strut compressing. I had to pry the top arm down with a lot of force with a pry bar in order to place the nut back on the ball joint.

Was this normal for anyone else? If not, why do you thing the shock wasn't compressing?

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
How much force is alot of force?
I've replaced spindles and it was hard to get the top ball joint in.

OP
OP
A

Asylum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say at least 100lbs. The whole truck was lifting instead. I was surprised to see the arm wasn't rising at all because most threads explained to place the jack under it.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Oh then idk mine wasn't 100 pounds I don't think.
I could hold it into place while my helper screwed the bolt on but it was hard to hold and took a few tries..

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
where did you jack it up from?? closer to outside end of arm or more toward center.

Usually unloosening the upper a arm bolts also makes it easier to swing around the arm down on the lifts ive done. Your going to need a alignment anyway so if something moves dont worry. I posted one I did not to long ago

99thomas

Reaction score
just experienced the same thing with my suburban tonight and sucked since i did it by myself, although only one front done, although i cant torque due to not fitting in there, so loosen the a arm? its getting 50k service tomorrow anyways. did you have problems with the rear, i need to get spring compressor otherwise everything is stretched to max with just a slight wiggle of spring. would think im doing it wrong but the instruction were to basic imho. ccm 2.5/1

Wakinvol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ReadyLift has better instructions, along with photos. I did my CCM and removed it by myself. It isn't too bad.

99thomas

Reaction score
almost bought the readylift, but doesnt really matter now, just would have been nice to have more accurate instruction, im sure everyones had to do more than was instructed since there isnt much difference in the vehicles. wonder what vehicle they used to base instructions on...lol

Wakinvol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the CCM much better, but the RL instructions were much more detailed.

99thomas

Reaction score
all done, said the heck with the spring compressor and just unhooked the brake line from the axle and sway bar. not a very enjoyable job by myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper