Cat eyes, and front end swaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SAY WHAT NOW?

are you trying to say that the mexican built tahoes come with the silverado front clips? i find that hard to believe, do you have any proof or providence for this line of thinking? This does bring me around to a question i was going to post up next.

I was looking for fenders from GM today. I was looking specifically at 2006 2500HD fenders and i noticed on the GM parts website that there were 2 different fenders listed. one said MEXICO BUILT which was like $150.00 vs the US BUILT for $530.00. does anybody know the difference between these two fenders/trucks that could/would explain the almost $400 price difference?

I just got a 2003 tahoe in my favorite truck color, BLACK. i am considering doing this swap since i already have all the parts (new) up in the loft at my shop, I was just thinking that i don't want to paint everything right now so i might find a used setup. the roof is peeling bad so paint might be a good choice just to cover all the other flaws.

Keep posting pics, these are some good looking Hoes.

Izzy

Yes, and its not as if that is not known. Not sure what years. My guess is 03-06 or less, and i believe it has to be a Mexican built Tahoe for Mexico sales, not just one sold there or taken there.

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be built for mexican sale. Almost all (or maybe all) were built in Mexico. If your VIN begins with 3A through 3W it was built there.

03catburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you going to smooth out just the cap, or the cap to bumper and lower also?

***The next questions are going to be, could you get a picture showing how your wheel sits in the wheel well. Are you dropped? What size wheel and tire is that?
thank you..

Im sorry i know this is an old post but was looking for a certain pic and ran across your question on how it sits.

Yes its lowered with DJM 3/5 kit and the tire size is 265/65 r18 slightly rubs inner fender on hard bumps and i can get pics of wheel in wheel well tomorrow

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im sorry i know this is an old post but was looking for a certain pic and ran across your question on how it sits.

Yes its lowered with DJM 3/5 kit and the tire size is 265/65 r18 slightly rubs inner fender on hard bumps and i can get pics of wheel in wheel well tomorrow

Ive been waiting to see the finished product on that one. :head3:

03catburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know ive got behind on this project but she did cost me an complete a/c system

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz