Cat eyes, and front end swaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03catburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The details are still a work in progress but I figured I could make the cat eye work with the OE suv bumper for a tucked look over the squared cat eye bumper but it's time consuming to plastic weld the bumper tops together

At the point when these pics where taken they was no plastic welding done. I was actually still mocking up

20181005_185332.jpg 20181005_185346.jpg

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a rule, I pretty much dislike the “cat-eye” headlights, and the way the whole front comes together on the silverados from 03-06. Honestly the lines in the nbs tahoe front (and the silverados before cat eye) are just so much cleaner, and look like a better built truck.

But while searching for parts to repair the front of my nbs (post ) I ran across this.... and as much as I hate to admit it, I kinda love it. What do you all think?

Honestly, maybe I can put it together with the standard lights and hood as well, just keeping the grill, light separator peices, and the bumper assembly?View attachment 210839
View attachment 210840
0d8860df-bf6c-4481-8b78-f111bfda4fed-jpeg.210839

I keep trying to see it, but it just looks off to me. I don't like the roof racks anyways, but for me I need to see it without the bug deflector and roof rack. Both of those just throw off the lines too much for me.

Found this one, Just wanted to show you all I was right... :elephant:

00j0j_8IJk4u6nmGZ_600x450.jpg

Just saw this in a mexico C-list ad. The Mexico SUVs came with the cat eye front ends. So if someone is still looking for inspiration, you can usually find a few pics searching through there.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/newbie-sierra-front-clip-on-yukon.30022/page-3#post-353125

105-1.jpg

Last edited:

03catburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PLEASE POST MORE OF THIS!!!
Every bumper I see sticks out like its bubba shrimp's fat lip. What did you do to get it flush like that?

All that is. Is the stock bumper like 99-02 truck or stock 00-06 SUV bumper and brackets and all I did was cut, graph and plastic weld the cat eye bumper topper to the stock suburban one. I don't have pics of cutting that up. I'm taking more pics it's not finished yet with rain and cooler weather and when it's done it'll be smoothed and painted

First pic is before I graphed cat eye topper
20181003_091842.jpg 20190105_153316.jpg 20190105_153333.jpg 20190105_153400.jpg 20190105_153918.jpg

Funny thing bout how all this got started was I didn't have a cat eye bumper so I was gonna drive without one temporary and when we got done me and looked at the factory bumper and had same idea as to curious what it'd look like till I found a bumper. Well I noticed it matched up but was tucked so here we are now lol

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
All that is. Is the stock bumper like 99-02 truck or stock 00-06 SUV bumper and brackets and all I did was cut, graph and plastic weld the cat eye bumper topper to the stock suburban one. I don't have pics of cutting that up. I'm taking more pics it's not finished yet with rain and cooler weather and when it's done it'll be smoothed and painted

First pic is before I graphed cat eye topper
View attachment 213473 View attachment 213474 View attachment 213477 View attachment 213478 View attachment 213479

Funny thing bout how all this got started was I didn't have a cat eye bumper so I was gonna drive without one temporary and when we got done me and looked at the factory bumper and had same idea as to curious what it'd look like till I found a bumper. Well I noticed it matched up but was tucked so here we are now lol
Looks pretty good.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to make sure I'm understanding this right... That's the 99-02 Silverado / 99-06 Tahoe bumper on there, and you didn't cut the brackets or modify that in any way to make it flush with the cat eyes?? That the cat eyes front end headlights/body panels/grill is just a few inches longer and lines up to sit flush like that without any modification?? That the ONLY thing you have modified is the bumper cap????

Is there any chance we can get a few more angles of that, pulled out to see more? (I'll be patient if I NEED to).

105-1.jpg

Are you going to smooth out just the cap, or the cap to bumper and lower also?

***The next questions are going to be, could you get a picture showing how your wheel sits in the wheel well. Are you dropped? What size wheel and tire is that?
thank you..

Last edited:

03catburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct I unbolted bumper put cat eye clip on then bolted stock bumper right back. Never even took the end brackets loose from the frame. The cat eye front is longer and takes up the extra room.

And as soon as I finish the plastic welding I'll pull the top off body work it, paint it then pop it back on like it was a "factory piece"

And you want different angles like the white one above you posted

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct I unbolted bumper put cat eye clip on then bolted stock bumper right back. Never even took the end brackets loose from the frame. The cat eye front is longer and takes up the extra room.

And as soon as I finish the plastic welding I'll pull the top off body work it, paint it then pop it back on like it was a "factory piece"

And you want different angles like the white one above you posted

Wow that's great. I couldn't find anything about this on silveradosierra either. Did we just see a new factory parts mod?

If the pictures aren't too much trouble, when you are done or current. I was trying to get a better perspective of it from non-straight on angles. More for seeing how the overall front end looks.

03catburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll get them done but it won't be till In the morning. I won't be home before dark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia