Cat eyes, and front end swaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
As a rule, I pretty much dislike the “cat-eye” headlights, and the way the whole front comes together on the silverados from 03-06. Honestly the lines in the nbs tahoe front (and the silverados before cat eye) are just so much cleaner, and look like a better built truck.

But while searching for parts to repair the front of my nbs (post ) I ran across this.... and as much as I hate to admit it, I kinda love it. What do you all think?

Honestly, maybe I can put it together with the standard lights and hood as well, just keeping the grill, light separator peices, and the bumper assembly?0D8860DF-BF6C-4481-8B78-F111BFDA4FED.jpeg
76D3C9F6-AB74-4CA5-95AF-85CE80DF6E86.jpeg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always thought my 03 Silverado bumper would look good on my 00 Yukon I never tried it but I was always eyeballing it... lol
I think some of these front clips swaps look alright and some don't, I guess it just depends on what years it is done on.
bottom line is it can be done (obviously) just takes a little work, a little patience and probably some extra parts on hand to get it just right

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep trying to see it, but it just looks off to me. I don't like the roof racks anyways, but for me I need to see it without the bug deflector and roof rack. Both of those just throw off the lines too much for me.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
As a rule, I pretty much dislike the “cat-eye” headlights, and the way the whole front comes together on the silverados from 03-06. Honestly the lines in the nbs tahoe front (and the silverados before cat eye) are just so much cleaner, and look like a better built truck.

But while searching for parts to repair the front of my nbs (post ) I ran across this.... and as much as I hate to admit it, I kinda love it. What do you all think?

Honestly, maybe I can put it together with the standard lights and hood as well, just keeping the grill, light separator peices, and the bumper assembly?View attachment 210839
View attachment 210840

I'm torn. I do really like the bumper and grille. The cateyes, though....

OP
OP
jarydM

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I agree. The bumper and grille look good. Looking at the second pic head on, it looks decent, but that side view first pic just looks a bit off to me. I don’t know whether to like it or not.
That head on pic looks great, from the side it looks like a mistake, lol.

I’ve got some time, just gotta find some parts, but I might try to make that grille/bumper combo work.

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a fan. I have always thought the 01-02 HD was the best look on the SUVs and trucks. I actually considered converting my 06 Dually to the 01-02 front end, but ended up with the Suburban so now that conversion is much easier.

OP
OP
jarydM

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Saw this one, (not affiliated)
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/chevy-tahoe/6749548695.html

That bumper Is a little off, and I would like to see it green or black. I swear if you put "FOREST SERVICE" on the side, I would think you could convince people. Maybe kick some people out of there prime camping site so you could test it for "official business".

View attachment 210879
I think it only looks good with the HD grill color matched, otherwise there’s no reason not to use the 01-02 HD grill/bumper, IMO

My current pondering is if I could cobble together the bumper, color matched, grill color matched, and bumper lights, with standard top lights, and standard hood.

Maybe too much fabrication, but I’m gonna head to a pick-n-pull and take a look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn