Carmax nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure where the nightmare came in. Don't sell to them or go back :shrug: Driven by a couple but never been in so I cannot comment one way or the other on them.

JJ351

Reaction score
They are infamous low-balling clowns. They offered me 15k on a two year old modded Mustang GT with 20k miles on it.

Kodiak Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used them before with a very positive result.

I went there to sell my 08 silverado back in 2013. It only had 30k miles and it was paid off. They offered me blue book value. It was a base model nothing special. But they tried to nickel and dime me. I knew it was coming. What they didn't know was. I was using them as a stepping stone. I recieved a perfect history report and a good vehicle check and had an offer in hand. Went out to Craigslist and posted everything. I had 4 dealerships fighting for my truck and got an extra thousand out of it. Perfect said and done. Sold the truck after owning it for 5 years and made a great sale on it.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was low balled by them once, was told they need to make between $6K and $8K a car. I'm sure if your vehicle is a desirable model, they will give a better price. Just based on supply and demand.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
I was low balled by them once, was told they need to make between $6K and $8K a car. I'm sure if your vehicle is a desirable model, they will give a better price. Just based on supply and demand.

Heck a lot of cars aren't worth 6k and 8k to begin with. Just hand em your title and be done. they'll make their money and you get fleeced out of yours, what a great business plan.1 Why didn't I think of It!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE