Carmax nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SethSwitch

Reaction score
So yesterday I went to Carmax to get an appraisal for ***** and giggles. I knew I wasn't going to get a decent offer due to the modifications and it being Carmax but when they came back with $13,000 I was shocked. They told me my vehicle had frame damage and had front end damage(this I knew before purchasing the vehicle). I asked the guy to show me where he found frame damage and he said the rear. This is when I started suspecting something was up. He pointed to the place where the spare tire was (removed a week ago) and he said these four marks are from frame table clamps. After getting home I took a better look at the marks and they looked very circular and I couldn't find any marks on top of the frame. What are yalls thoughts. When I purchased the vehicle the car fax said mild to moderate front end damage.IMG_2432.JPGIMG_2433.JPG IMG_2435.JPG

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your good no worries. That ain't frame damage.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. That's were the spare tire was.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What. *******. Idiots.

Like what has been said, it's clearly where the spare was. In fact, I bet that spare was a Goodyear Wrangler SR-A, indicated by the finely-spaced slash lines in the sidewall and what appears to be an "R" or "D" imprint in the first pic. Also, I don't see a body shop clamping to that cross member to pull the frame.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
probably even if a body shop clamped there ,unless it was yesterday you wouldn't see those marks. just a scam to steal your vehicle from you. It's 50/50 on people I know that purchased from Carmax and had a positive purchase, personally I would avoid them, just my 2 cents

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That it has damage listed in the title history is where you took the biggest hit. This is a vehicle that they would purchase for wholesale only and you received a wholesale offer for a vehicle with a history of damage. The "frame damage" around the spare tire is probably from a newer person doing the assessment, or someone that got burned in a previous deal. If you really care, you can try to fight it, but the result won't justify the effort.

KBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL! The spare tire slightly rubs on the bottom of the frame when it's cranked all the way to the top. Thats clearly what those marks are from. Must be that appraiser's first time under a truck

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the looks of those marks, it looks like your vehicle is totaled! Really man, what a idiots!
I had them appraise a car I purchased new, and they told me the history report showed hood damage at one point. The car had never had any type of damage anywhere ever. I think they use autocheck? Well, I fought it and they wouldn't take it off of the cars history. I don't give history reports much merit any more.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
You cant clamp a vehicle in those spots.... Clamps would be along the side rails of the frame. ******* idiots. Id be livid and go back to light them up.

sk1dm4rk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or, better yet, just steer clear of those asshats. I bought a car there a long time ago. Never again.