Can't rewind my XM radio in my 2017 like I could in my 2015 Tahoe???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

newagemuscle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I pretty new to the forum and have a quick question. I recently traded in my 2015 Tahoe LT for a 2017 Tahoe LT. The new one is pretty much the same exact truck, but a different color and minus the DVD/Bluray player. Here's my question... in my 2015 Tahoe I was able to rewind XM radio if there was a song I liked and wanted to hear again. In my 2017 it appears I do not have that option available. Is that a feature that was removed, or did I lose it because it was part of the DVD/Bluray package which I do not have in the 2017? I appreciate any feedback you guys can provide. Thank

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I pretty new to the forum and have a quick question. I recently traded in my 2015 Tahoe LT for a 2017 Tahoe LT. The new one is pretty much the same exact truck, but a different color and minus the DVD/Bluray player. Here's my question... in my 2015 Tahoe I was able to rewind XM radio if there was a song I liked and wanted to hear again. In my 2017 it appears I do not have that option available. Is that a feature that was removed, or did I lose it because it was part of the DVD/Bluray package which I do not have in the 2017? I appreciate any feedback you guys can provide. Thank
That's a feature I didn't know existed. How did you activate the rewind? How far back could you rewind?

OP
OP
N

newagemuscle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's a feature I didn't know existed. How did you activate the rewind? How far back could you rewind?

It was in my 2015. I did not use it that much because it was my wife's daily driver. I think you could pause live radio up to 20 minutes. Not sure all the details. I know if you go on YouTube there are videos that walk you through all the features with it. You would rewind by just hitting reverse arrows and there was pause button. I'm starting to think my 2017 does not have it because I don't have the Blu-ray/DVD player. Maybe that option provided a build in hard drive that this one does not have because I don't have the option.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was in my 2015. I did not use it that much because it was my wife's daily driver. I think you could pause live radio up to 20 minutes. Not sure all the details. I know if you go on YouTube there are videos that walk you through all the features with it. You would rewind by just hitting reverse arrows and there was pause button. I'm starting to think my 2017 does not have it because I don't have the Blu-ray/DVD player. Maybe that option provided a build in hard drive that this one does not have because I don't have the option.
I have 2017 Yukon with Blu-ray/DVD - I'll see if I can get mine to pause.

OP
OP
N

newagemuscle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 2017 Yukon with Blu-ray/DVD - I'll see if I can get mine to pause.

If it works on yours, I am starting to think it must be because my 2017 does not have the Blu-ray/DVD this time around. Maybe you get a hard drive with the entertainment system.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Suburban with Blu Ray player and I'm not able to pause or rewind SiriusXM or FM radio. I've heard about it but don't think,or seem to have it. I heard you could click on a song and it would save it to your iTunes account

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

newagemuscle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Suburban with Blu Ray player and I'm not able to pause or rewind SiriusXM or FM radio. I've heard about it but don't think,or seem to have it. I heard you could click on a song and it would save it to your iTunes account

Maybe they discontinued it. My last vehicle was a 2015.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 2015 burb ltz w/ blu-ray. it can pause XM & FM ... about 15-20 min , i think

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the removed that feature for 2016 models

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645