Can anyone please help with clunk Tsb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So while getting my bbt right with Justin I realize my slip yolk clunk is getting bad. I have read allot about it and it seems there are two fixes.

Grease the yolk which eventually makes the grease mix with the fluid which I have read is not advised.

Get the nickel plated yolk by which there is a service bulletin for.

Does anyone know where I can find the Tsb for a 08 denali 6 speed for the slip yolk clunk??? Truck is under warranty for only two more months.

jayson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I dont know if TSBs will help as well. Im in the same boat as you with my 07 Nali. I am trying to find the specs for xfer case back lash. I seem to have a good amount of play.

"Do these service bulletins describe the issue?

SERVICE BULLETIN:09-04-21-003 NHTSA ITEM NUMBER:10037544

MFG Bulletin Date: 01/01/2011

Component: POWER TRAIN:AXLE ASSEMBLY

Bulletin Summary: GM: WHEN STOPPING OR ACCELERATING THERE MAY BE A CLUNK NOISE AND ITS AS IF THE VEHICLE IS BUMPED FROM BEHIND. THIS CAN BE CAUSED BY A SLIP IN THE REAR PROPSHAFT. *RM

Date added to database: 05/25/2011

--------------------------------------------

SERVICE BULLETIN:09-04-17-002 NHTSA ITEM NUMBER:10037552

MFG Bulletin Date: 01/01/2011

Component: POWER TRAIN:AXLE ASSEMBLY

Bulletin Summary: GM: THERE MAY BE A BUMP NOISE OR CLUNK FEEL WHEN STOPPING OR LAUNCHING. THIS MAY BE CAUSED BY A SLIP IN THE TRANSMISSION. *RM

Date added to database: 05/25/2011"

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So while getting my bbt right with Justin I realize my slip yolk clunk is getting bad. I have read allot about it and it seems there are two fixes.

Grease the yolk which eventually makes the grease mix with the fluid which I have read is not advised.

Get the nickel plated yolk by which there is a service bulletin for.

Does anyone know where I can find the Tsb for a 08 denali 6 speed for the slip yolk clunk??? Truck is under warranty for only two more months.

08grey,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. Private message me your VIN and I can check to see exactly when you are still in your warranty by date and mileage. Also, I can check to see if you have any open recalls.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.,
GM Customer Care

OP
OP

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pm sent.... nayone else solve their clunk issue??????

tights24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm actually back on here looking for the thread I started with the exact same issue. From what I understand and what was replied to me on here, it's the slip yoke that needs greasing. I just had my truck in and asked them to do mine and it's still not fixed. Still trying to figure out if they even fixed it to be honest. Or tried to fix i should say.

When I first mentioned it to the service advisor, he told me that my truck doesn't have a slip yoke. he said they stopped using those a long time ago when they stopped using two piece drive shafts. I was automatically leery of this comment since my truck does have one. hahahaha. Needless to say the TSB's posted in this thread look good to me and I will print them out and take them with me when I go to pick my truck up.

Good luck.

SmallXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've recently experienced the same issue. XL is an '07 w/75k.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I first mentioned it to the service advisor, he told me that my truck doesn't have a slip yoke. he said they stopped using those a long time ago when they stopped using two piece drive shafts.

*facepalm*

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm actually back on here looking for the thread I started with the exact same issue. From what I understand and what was replied to me on here, it's the slip yoke that needs greasing. I just had my truck in and asked them to do mine and it's still not fixed. Still trying to figure out if they even fixed it to be honest. Or tried to fix i should say.

When I first mentioned it to the service advisor, he told me that my truck doesn't have a slip yoke. he said they stopped using those a long time ago when they stopped using two piece drive shafts. I was automatically leery of this comment since my truck does have one. hahahaha. Needless to say the TSB's posted in this thread look good to me and I will print them out and take them with me when I go to pick my truck up.

Good luck.

tights24,

If I am reading this correctly, I see that you have a concern with your dealership. I am interested in this concern and what exactly brought you into this dealer. Please private message me the details.

Thanks,

Jennifer T.,
GM Customer Care

604Escalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I am accelerating from a stop, my truck feels to slip for half a second. Best way I could describe it is like putting the truck in neutral (while stopped), foot off the brake pedal, and shifting into drive. That happens each time I accelerate some-what hard from a stop. Could it be the slip yoke?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobbyo