buttons on cigarette lighter bezel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fatboyracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so the buttons that are on the bezel with the cigarette lighter ( traction, parking sensors, Peddle adjust ect)

Is it possible to add the part with more buttons than I have and re-wire the buttons to do something else?

YukonAZ

Reaction score
Following this, switch connector looks the same, just have to add new pins to the connector for the added switches and get a diagram

OP
OP
F

fatboyracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following this, switch connector looks the same, just have to add new pins to the connector for the added switches and get a diagram
I ordered a switch off eBay I am thinking it is going to have to be opened and wires replace inside but idk

YukonAZ

Reaction score
I ordered a switch off eBay I am thinking it is going to have to be opened and wires replace inside but idk

What do you currently have? The traction switch and the little cubby hole? If so I believe the connector is the same its a 12 pin connector and some of the pins are not used depending on what switches you have

OP
OP
F

fatboyracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 3 button one its traction maybe peddles and backup sensors

I ordered a 5 button one I am wanting to add a light bar behind the grill and have a factory looking switch figured I could black it out

EvergreenZ71

Reaction score
Resurrecting a thread that didn't get an ending ...

I too was considering this route for some supplemental lighting and hoping for info.

Or if that doesn't work I also have a 10-year-old Tekonsha P3 I pulled out of my 92 K2500 Suburban, but never really liked it sitting there waiting to bite my knee so the other idea I had for it was upgrading from a 3-switch to a 5-switch, cut the two right-hand switches out of the way (which happen to be the two features I don't have installed), and anchor the dial mount for a Curt Spectrum brake controller over the hole. Thus I was hoping someone who's cut into the bezel buttons already might have an answer to that idea if the lighting controller plan in this thread doesn't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz