Burken Boys’ and Girl’s Journey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a completely different note, Joseph has been the football team manager since 7th grade. Since he can’t play football due to having a brain tumor when he was 5, this was a way for him to be part of the team. Last night was Senior night for the football team so the team had him suit up and participate in all the pre-game warmups and running into the field. He was on cloud nine with that.7212F162-8615-4272-BD82-D899B3822E69.jpeg79419121-BB76-4E94-8AFE-E0B505D495AF.jpeg

The team had him lead them out of the tunnel.
161B2B59-56A0-4670-82A2-4C4FAC8DD353.jpegBE86FD1A-D613-4BAA-92F4-E2053E113EB8.jpeg

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well-we finally finished up the work in Joseph’s truck. We ran into a little snag getting the pitman arm off the steering box. We used heat, penetrating oil, and a pitman arm puller and ended up stripping out the treads in the puller. Even tried a pitman arm pickle fork to no avail. We ended up just cutting off the pitman arm. When we got it back together, we must have damaged the steering box so we ended up replacing it completely. I did a cursory alignment on it today so he can drive it the 8 blocks to the shop that will do the alignment.

I have to say that I am proud of him as Joseph did 90-95% of the work with me giving guidance and double checking stuff.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well-we finally finished up the work in Joseph’s truck. We ran into a little snag getting the pitman arm off the steering box. We used heat, penetrating oil, and a pitman arm puller and ended up stripping out the treads in the puller. Even tried a pitman arm pickle fork to no avail. We ended up just cutting off the pitman arm. When we got it back together, we must have damaged the steering box so we ended up replacing it completely. I did a cursory alignment on it today so he can drive it the 8 blocks to the shop that will do the alignment.

I have to say that I am proud of him as Joseph did 90-95% of the work with me giving guidance and double checking stuff.
Last time I cut off a pitman arm it took multiple nights and like 20 dremel cut off wheels. I hope to not have to deal with another anytime soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts