Burbalac

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Burbalac guy

Burbalac guy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
one thing we have goin here in the valley though is tahoes and suburbans are a dime a dozen
Ok thanks for the effort but that really does not help me. I need specific information about dash swaps.
We have that kind of Junk yards here also.

I wish someone who had done a dash and gauge swap would comment

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the effort but that really does not help me. I need specific information about dash swaps.
We have that kind of Junk yards here also.

I wish someone who had done a dash and gauge swap would comment
Dash swaps are a dime a dozen a d are not for the faint of heart. If your ok with welding, cutting metal and molding plastic then you are good to go. Start by selecting a vehicle that has a dash with similiar mount8ng brackets as your that way you dont have to do much modding. M3asure the width of the dash and also the height from base of the cabin floor to the bottom of the dash. This will give you your rough dimensions. You may have to re-route your vents.

OP
OP
Burbalac guy

Burbalac guy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dash swaps are a dime a dozen a d are not for the faint of heart. If your ok with welding, cutting metal and molding plastic then you are good to go. Start by selecting a vehicle that has a dash with similiar mount8ng brackets as your that way you dont have to do much modding. M3asure the width of the dash and also the height from base of the cabin floor to the bottom of the dash. This will give you your rough dimensions. You may have to re-route your vents.
Ok Very informative and very specific. Thank you very much.What about gauge swaps? How would i interface with original gauge wires?

I really would like to put a set of Cadillac Escalade gauges and dash with Touchscreen navigation unit or something similar

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two ways of going about this. You can use your own/custom aftermarket gauges. or you can get ht pcm out of the donor vehicle and splice your existing signals from the original ecu/pcu/tcu/bcm to that of the donor.

youll need the PCM, the complete wiring harness from the donor, applicable control modules from the donor, and the instrument cluster

you are only using the donors ecu/tcu/pcu/bcm for the gauges and not anything else. it will throw codes unless you have an appropriate flash/programming or you'll need a stand-alone program to translate different manufacturer's code so they can communicate. IIRC.

OP
OP
Burbalac guy

Burbalac guy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Two ways of going about this. You can use your own/custom aftermarket gauges. or you can get ht pcm out of the donor vehicle and splice your existing signals from the original ecu/pcu/tcu/bcm to that of the donor.

youll need the PCM, the complete wiring harness from the donor, applicable control modules from the donor, and the instrument cluster

you are only using the donors ecu/tcu/pcu/bcm for the gauges and not anything else. it will throw codes unless you have an appropriate flash/programming or you'll need a stand-alone program to translate different manufacturer's code so they can communicate. IIRC.
Thank you very much. I am looking into the Cadillac Escalade 6.0 swap with my 5.7 tbi.
Could i just use that harness from the Escalade?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyC

Latest posts