Bump stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andrewg29

Reaction score
So my 02 tahoe was leaking a bit of oil, so i crawled under it to see where it was coming from and saw this.. is it normal or time for some new shocks. Both sides are like this
54efdb986b8d7d93cd3a10289742f749.jpg
312629e25d35bc6961a58c8be428ba3d.jpg

emilime75

Reaction score
Wait, you're sitting on the bump stops??? Is this with the truck in a normal state, like on the ground and on it's own wheels/tires?

Has it been lowered, maybe using keys?

Either someone fudged up the torsion keys or the torsion bars themselves are shot.

OP
OP
andrewg29

andrewg29

Reaction score
Wait, you're sitting on the bump stops??? Is this with the truck in a normal state, like on the ground and on it's own wheels/tires?

Has it been lowered, maybe using keys?

Either someone fudged up the torsion keys or the torsion bars themselves are shot.
Yes it was on its own wheels and tires and factory height from what ive read and what those two others said its normal

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it was on its own wheels and tires and factory height from what ive read and what those two others said its normal

Torsion bar vehicles should be just kissing the bump stops @ normal ride height. This makes the ride seem progressive.

My vehicle is stock height, with new shocks and it looks very similar to that.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's news to me, also not what mine looks like.
Do you have a significant gap? My bumpstops are a different design than those, but they are very close to contacting at level ride height.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

AllStock

Reaction score
Not to thread jack, but where can i order new set of bumpstops? Hope not only at the stealership

southboundchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to thread jack, but where can i order new set of bumpstops? Hope not only at the stealership
Most major auto parts stores can get them as well as the dealership, dealership isnt going to be much higher than the parts store your not talking major money here , dealer charged me less than $20 each

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo