Brakes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eidens13

Reaction score
I'm looking to get new rotors and pads. Thinking of either new regular rotors and hawk pads or slotted/drilled rotors with pads. Any suggestions? Thanks

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
R1 rotors drilled and sloted have not given me any issues and look great

Pain@thepump

Reaction score
Slotted I say yay, drilled and slotted I say nay! I've had issues on lighter cars with drilled and slotted. However Tahoe rotors are much beefier and the members above have not had any issues.

As far as pads, ceramics are a great improvement. EBC/Hawk are always great choices. There's cheaper alternatives but ceramic IMO is a key material to great bite for braking. Performance rotors and ceramic pads go hand in hand, don't really want either or to be too hard or too soft. One will wear the other when improperly paired.

osidesurfer365

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased the R1 premium drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads and will never go back to normal setup again. Looks good with aftermarket rims too.

Shimmy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you upgrading to ss lines too? does anyone truly notice a difference going to ss lines on our rigs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo

Latest posts