Bose sound quality of Yukon Denali 2017

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aviator_JPN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm new here and this is my 1st post!
I've been interested in Yukon Denali and did the test ride the other day (2017 Denali/Shorty 4x4). The ride was great but I was not impressed with Bose sound system at all. The sound was sort of dull, not crisp. Maybe I was expecting too much as the price tag is in $70sK. Or it was the radio station I was listening to? But it was HD station and my MDX/Acura sounds much better.
I was wondering if any of you who owns Denali or the same sound system (Tahoe has the same, I'd assume?) did something to the system to make it better sound w/o replacing the head unit.

Any input appreciated!

Thanks!

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm new here and this is my 1st post!
I've been interested in Yukon Denali and did the test ride the other day (2017 Denali/Shorty 4x4). The ride was great but I was not impressed with Bose sound system at all. The sound was sort of dull, not crisp. Maybe I was expecting too much as the price tag is in $70sK. Or it was the radio station I was listening to? But it was HD station and my MDX/Acura sounds much better.
I was wondering if any of you who owns Denali or the same sound system (Tahoe has the same, I'd assume?) did something to the system to make it better sound w/o replacing the head unit.

Any input appreciated!

Thanks!

No highs no lows? Gotta be Bose! Its ok IMO but not great. I preferred the system in my 2010 Tahoe LT frankly.

hunter991

Reaction score
yah, i have the new bose in my 2017 premier. I think it sucks to be honest. The only infinity i had in my 2010 sequioa was better.

vinnyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No highs no lows? Gotta be Bose! Its ok IMO but not great. I preferred the system in my 2010 Tahoe LT frankly.

Yep thats Bose! I've had 3 GM vehicles with the Bose system and the all sound the same. The one thing that helped on my Silverado was replacing the head unit. It allowed me to tune the sound more than the 3 settings of a stock unit. But that was when it was easy to replace them.

Protect1989

Reaction score
I think it's suprising that for a 60k+ vehicle you only get a 9 (or ten?) speaker system while on a 50k or less Jeep Grand Cherokee you can get a 19 speaker Harmon kardon system

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, it's good but not great when comparing to other similar priced vehicles. The harmon kardon system in our jeep is much much better than the bose system in our yukon.

OP
OP
A

Aviator_JPN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you all. Glad to know that I was not the only one complaining about the bose system! I will check with local car stereo stores to see if they can do anything about it w/o changing appearance and noise cancelling system.

2015Denali4WD

Reaction score
Wish GMC would offer Dre by the Beats sound system in the Denali or Genesis G90 Lexicon sound system in their trucks.

Protect1989

Reaction score
Personally I think Beats are a garbage brand. More of a marketing gimmick than a quality product.

For a 65-75k Denali it should be Harmon Kardon, Bang&Olufsen, or Mark Levinson sound system. Not to mention it should have way more speakers and tweeters.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I think Beats are a garbage brand. More of a marketing gimmick than a quality product.

For a 65-75k Denali it should be Harmon Kardon, Bang&Olufsen, or Mark Levinson sound system. Not to mention it should have way more speakers and tweeters.
Agree. Dre Beats are so overhyped and avg at best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas