Bolt on exhaust or welded?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
I have seen a lot about exhausts here and have basically gathered that Corsa is best and that Magnaflow is also a really good option. I assume that everyone that is getting them is buying them online and bolting them on. I also know a lot of people will just head over to an exhaust shop and have the muffler brand of their choice welding in and either keep their stock piping or have new piping welded in. Is there an advantage to either or disadvantages? I know the bolt on kits especially by Corsa can be quite pricey and that the welded in option is much less expensive which tends to make me think that the bolt on is likely the better option but I figure that may not be necessarily true. My only thing with the bolt on route is that I had intended on hiding the exhaust tips for more of a stealth look (my personal preference there) and I know that if I wanted that with the bolt on it would require more work after forking over the cash for the kit in the first place.

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
I have seen a lot about exhausts here and have basically gathered that Corsa is best and that Magnaflow is also a really good option. I assume that everyone that is getting them is buying them online and bolting them on. I also know a lot of people will just head over to an exhaust shop and have the muffler brand of their choice welding in and either keep their stock piping or have new piping welded in. Is there an advantage to either or disadvantages? I know the bolt on kits especially by Corsa can be quite pricey and that the welded in option is much less expensive which tends to make me think that the bolt on is likely the better option but I figure that may not be necessarily true. My only thing with the bolt on route is that I had intended on hiding the exhaust tips for more of a stealth look (my personal preference there) and I know that if I wanted that with the bolt on it would require more work after forking over the cash for the kit in the first place.

I don't think performance is better one or the other it all comes down to cost and how you want your tips. I went with a full custom job from muffler back since my truck is lowered and the cat back needed to be tweaked so it didn't hit and I, like you, wanted my tips tucked up under barely peeking out. With a bolt on system you get what you get. I paid like $275 for my Magnaflow and custom bent catback system installed and I dropped another $30 on some powder coated tips that they welded in for free once I got them in the mail(I ordered them after I got the exhaust done), I think you are in AZ, right? I go to Titan muffler on like 35th ave and Encanto, the guy does really good work and for a fair price.

OP
OP
Effeckt

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on a good place. That was going to be my next search once I decided which route I wanted to go. 35th Ave and Encanto isn't all that far from me either, 15 minutes or so. I will definitely look into them.

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
As far as i know there no disadvantage or advantage i happened to get my custom made i wanted dual exhaust but coming out from one side only so i went to my local muffler shop and they did a good job, paid overall like 300 bucks cause i got some custom chrome tips. I happened to love my Magnaflow catback system, wifey didn't want something real loud, only time you could hear it is when you gun it. Other then that nice and quite. Here's a few pictures

MyrideNewComputer013.jpg

MyrideNewComputer019-1.jpg

MyrideNewComputer020.jpg

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Doesn't really matter to be honest. I've had plenty of bolt-on kits that functioned without issue, currently have the entire system welded from my longtubes back to the hidden tip.

OP
OP
Effeckt

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone. I appreciate the help. I didn't imagine it could be all that different and the price difference is substantial enough. I just couldn't see myself dropping the dough for the Corsa/Magnaflow bolt on and then have to modify the piping for the look I want. Just seemed like a better option to get the muffler at a shop and have the pipes welded into place for a cheaper price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr

Latest posts