Blurred's 04 Tahoe Z71 build - Mr. Greenly Greenerson

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought you were making a mold for fiberglass.
You plan on sanding smooth and painting over that what you have now ?
that's the plan.

I'm partial to the Esky rack of course, but left mine chrome to pick up the only accents I have around the truck. Maybe color match it like RedRocket did with his entire rack so it is useful but blends in better. I still like it though.
I'm a huge fan of the different colored roof on as suv. I'll probably go glosss black when this gets a real paint job to correct the paint.
Just run the SS lol.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro
could... But it's too common for my personal taste

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Final coat of bondo to fill the low spots and then I'll sand it smooth. Then it should be ready for primer.

Also fixed some cracks in the crossbar.

Last photo shows my wicked good hand painting skills. Had a similar designed bow tie on the last truck, figured I'd do something similar with this since it was no good anyway.

20170401_152323.jpg

20170401_184915.jpg

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Damn, I really don't see that bondo holding up. I think it will crack and split on the seam. Too much movement between the pad and bumper. :shrug:

But still excited to see the outcome. :popcorn:

Got me thinking I wanna do the same , but like I said with fiberglass.:hmm:

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see how there's any movement on the front edge honestly. Tried to force it with my hands and didn't get anywhere with it, but we will see.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I don't see how there's any movement on the front edge honestly. Tried to force it with my hands and didn't get anywhere with it, but we will see.
Yea fingers crossed. I hope it works:cheers:

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have to fix some cracks but they're in places that have a lot of stress applied to it when flexing. I honestly think I'm just going to need to get a new cross bar. Or cut the center out of this but that opens another can of worms.

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
Final coat of bondo to fill the low spots and then I'll sand it smooth. Then it should be ready for primer.

Also fixed some cracks in the crossbar.

Last photo shows my wicked good hand painting skills. Had a similar designed bow tie on the last truck, figured I'd do something similar with this since it was no good anyway.

View attachment 78276

View attachment 78277

Are you gonna shoot the bowtie with some clear coat to kinda seal everything up? Thinking about stealing this idea for my new HD grill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo