Blurred's 04 Tahoe Z71 build - Mr. Greenly Greenerson

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They didn't get too bad lol... That was after I had done a lot of sanding on the left one with 600 grit... still did more to remove all the crap clear that comes on it though.

The clear one is the one I haven't touched other than de-nubbing them. I HATE those damn nubs.
Stupid nubs. What the hell are they good for. Nuthin'. :violin2:

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of clear to you spray on them ? Does it help with the yellowing?

I got lucky with mine. Circle in the lines for projector and no nubs.View attachment 192709
It may help with yellowing, though that could be in the actual plastic. No clue there. Hell, I might just be sanding out the tint on them, though I want to say these are a tinted clear plastic rather than a layer of tint... which would be nice.

As for clear, I have used Spray Max 2k clear before and it turned out really well for the bumper and the cross bar. It's a two part that has a shelf life of 48 hours after you hit the primer/activating button. Also requires a respirator when you spray it... *shrug*
Pics of the Altima? Lol
That Altima over there... never mind that Altima over there.
Stupid nubs. What the hell are they good for. Nuthin'. :violin2:
Damn skippy.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
It may help with yellowing, though that could be in the actual plastic. No clue there. Hell, I might just be sanding out the tint on them, though I want to say these are a tinted clear plastic rather than a layer of tint... which would be nice.

As for clear, I have used Spray Max 2k clear before and it turned out really well for the bumper and the cross bar. It's a two part that has a shelf life of 48 hours after you hit the primer/activating button. Also requires a respirator when you spray it... *shrug*

Yea I used 2k on my Denali bumper and esky appliques. Used shirt pulled over nose as respirator lol. :Insane:

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
smoothed out the headlights and recleared - they look much better than the photo lol. That was the first or second coat.

Also picked up the rest of the console at a local pick and pull. Going to clean it up, paint the plastics and carpet. Changing the interior colors around so its a tan and mocha two-tone.

Gotta pull the center console from the tahoe and then mix and match the parts that work. also gong to try and pull the sub off the bose and and run it in a new amp. If that isn't good enough, ill probably pick up the jl audio 6.5 to replace it.

20180216_215307.jpg 20180217_181645.jpg 20180217_181638.jpg

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Lookin good [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk Pro

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
smoothed out the headlights and recleared - they look much better than the photo lol. That was the first or second coat.

Also picked up the rest of the console at a local pick and pull. Going to clean it up, paint the plastics and carpet. Changing the interior colors around so its a tan and mocha two-tone.

Gotta pull the center console from the tahoe and then mix and match the parts that work. also gong to try and pull the sub off the bose and and run it in a new amp. If that isn't good enough, ill probably pick up the jl audio 6.5 to replace it.

View attachment 193032 View attachment 193033 View attachment 193034

Saw that post on FB about the console didn’t know that was you, if you need a new liner for the console I’ve got a mint one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw that post on FB about the console didn’t know that was you, if you need a new liner for the console I’ve got a mint one

what piece are you referring to by liner? The little rubber insert? That sits in the bottom of the big storage compartment? If so, the one I pulled cleaned up really well and is in much better shape than i anticipated out to be.

Also, appreciation for the offer.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what piece are you referring to by liner? The little rubber insert? That sits in the bottom of the big storage compartment? If so, the one I pulled cleaned up really well and is in much better shape than i anticipated out to be.

Also, appreciation for the offer.

Yes that’s the insert I’m referring too

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
It'll always look beautiful in our eyes :win:

And skip that bose sub and put in th JL. Mainly cause I want feedback on how it sounds in there:hmm:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC