Blown Bose speaker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

neloms

Reaction score
I've got the Bose stock system in my 2005 rig and the front driver door speaker is blown. Is this an easy swap or am I going to have to cut out the speaker, splice wires and use self tapping screws to install a new one? I'd change both front speakers at the same time...

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should either replace all the speakers or go back with bose. it'll prevent a lot of headaches...

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you do replace them with aftermarkets, you'll have to mount them with self-tappers. The "true" speaker size is 6 3/4", but any 6 1/2" will do. Some companies make the oversized GM 6 3/4" sizes though. For the wiring, you can buy speaker harness adapters that will plug into the stock speaker harness. You can get these at your local stereo shop or Best Buy.
One more thing, the Bose speakers are two ohm, whereas most aftermarkets are 4ohm, so you may notice a slight difference in output.

JKmotorsports

Supporting Member
Reaction score

JKmotorsports

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, that's kinda weird. The only thing I can think of is that he may have been screwing into a harness behind the panel when he was mounting his aftermarkets.