Blank Canvas - first mod suggestions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
I

ihaveamustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you plan on getting the esky third brake light to match it?

... this website will drain your wallet...I can't stop modding lol

Nah - I doubt I'll go that route. The esky 3rd brake light doesn't do much for me and the Denali stocker isn't' an eyesore to me like the tails are. The Ebay user I bought the tails from had a package deal that included the esky type 3rd brake light, but I just didn't want it.

soulsea said:
Now as far as oem esky wheels ... be mindful that esky 22s won't take an oem GMC center cap. They might take aftermarket caps but I'm not an expert on this so I don't know. I'm guessing part of the reason folks buy esky replica wheels is that they have options for gmc/chevy replica caps.

Just something to check on whilst you're investigating.

Good thought, I"ll have to look into that.

ranorris2 said:
It's not that expensive (matching door handles), I'm sure you can find some used ones from someone for cheap. I'm not sure how much painted ones cost, but I had black painted ones and bought new chrome ones from the dealer for $110.00, easy install and not to expensive...

To me, $500 for door handles (before being painted) is just too much money. I'm coming from a world of modding my G35 which meant I spent less than $100 on my drop (OEM springs from a 350z up front and from a G35 coupe in the rear). I've been a little spoiled. My most expensive mod on that car was the OEM coupe 19s and I found them for less than $800 on craigslist w/ tires that had 50% left on them. I understand we're talking about 2 different classes of vehicles, but I still have to look at getting a lot of bang for the buck. for what will likely approach $700+, I'll live w/ a little shine on the door handles.

ajaxnxs said:
Welcome and I miss being on 285 . Used to live in Marietta and McDonough. My boy works at a good shop there. Will post # when I find if you like.

I work in Marietta and live on the southside so I spent entirely too much time on 285. I"ll probably end up doing the majority of this stuff myself. My pops has a lift in his garage/shop at his house, so I can always run over there to do bigger jobs. At this point, the drop will be the only thing I won't do in my own driveway. That said (typed), if you have a shop name handy, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt.

Thanks for all the help fellas

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Josh, folks all over the webz are always taking off their painted handles and upgrading to chrome ... you'll find painted (your color) handles popping up on CL and ebay for less than $100. You can sell your chrome ones for a little over $100. So if it were your wish to de-chrome the handles, you'd actually come out a little ahead. Not saying you should do it, just saying it won't cost you to. :)

OP
OP
I

ihaveamustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man - I thought you were saying the handles were around $100 each. I'll keep my eyes open for some take offs - I don't see many vehicles this color though, so I'm not sure how much luck I'll have. thanks for the input.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're welcome ... just to give you an idea of price: http://appleton.craigslist.org/pts/2812487100.html

But if you go in this direction it's going to look 'off' if you just do the handles and keep the rest of the side chrome trim pieces.

Did I mention I like chrome elements? :)

OP
OP
I

ihaveamustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can tell you like the chrome...
I'm interested to see how it shakes out. I"m going to debadge the whole rear for sure. Looking pretty certain that I'll go the 22in chrome Eskys (either OEMs or an aftermarket replica). With that, I think it'll look good to keep the door handles chrome, but remove the door moulding. Leaving the front fascia as is will tie it together. That's the vision for now, anyway. With a little drop, of course.

RydnDrty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be interested in your stock tails....let me know how much you want for them, and will they be coming with the harnesses?

OP
OP
I

ihaveamustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be interested in your stock tails....let me know how much you want for them, and will they be coming with the harnesses?

I'll let you know when I pull them - got a shipping notification yesterday on my replacements, so it shouldn't be long. I'm pretty sure I'm dealing w/ a plug n play application here, so the stockers should have everything intact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grooter8824

Latest posts