BlackBear Tune 2015 Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered the Scan Cable Tune from Blackbear. Received the shipping notice today. I asked if instructions were included in the package. The reply: "Instructions can be found on the page where you submitted your order." Is this the level of support I can expect from Blackbear? I was hoping for something more from them but if I have to eat the cost of the equipment then so be it.....another lesson learned.

Go back to the ordering page. You'll have to use a laptop IIRC. You'll basically download EFI Live on your laptop, log data through the cable, save the files, and email them to BB. They will email you back the new tune files and you'll use that same scan cable to load them back into the vehicle.

It might be a little confusing at first, but take a moment to look over everything before you get frustrated. I know the first time I did a scan cable tune I was a little confused, but if you follow the instructions its actually quite easy.

Worst case scenario... go on youtube. That's usually how I load my files back and forth on my autocal (i forget often how).

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ordered the Scan Cable Tune from Blackbear. Received the shipping notice today. I asked if instructions were included in the package. The reply: "Instructions can be found on the page where you submitted your order." Is this the level of support I can expect from Blackbear? I was hoping for something more from them but if I have to eat the cost of the equipment then so be it.....another lesson learned.

Once you receive the scan cable, the instructions will all make sense. Until then, you are welcome to browse them to familiarize yourself with what you will need to do. When you ordered the scan cable, there was a link with all all the instruction (you had to check the box to accept payment on that page).

Is there something specific you had a question on?

SCAN CABLE PROCESS:
-you pay deposit on scan cable and scan cable is shipped to you
-you use the scan cable to collect datalog
-you email BBP the datalog
-you pay BBP for the tune and cores
-BBP builds the tune and loads them to computer(s)
-BBP ships computer(s) to you
-you install computer(s)
-you perform security relearn
-you use the scan cable to perform crank relearn
-you collect another datalog with scan cable
-you email datalog to BBP
-once all looks good, you ship scan cable (and stock computers) back to BBP for deposit refund

Last edited:

stealthall

Reaction score
This may be an odd question but is Blackbear the only place to get their tune and equipment? I live in Raleigh, NC and sent an email over there but have not heard back. Does it usually take a while for them to get back to you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be an odd question but is Blackbear the only place to get their tune and equipment? I live in Raleigh, NC and sent an email over there but have not heard back. Does it usually take a while for them to get back to you?

Yes they are very busy but they get back to you.[emoji355]

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

When did you email? Happy to answer any questions you have in the meantime.

stealthall

Reaction score
How do you go about buying the tune? How do I figure out which tuning method is best for me, etc, etc.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Autocal or inperson are your options, due to the computers used in your vehicle.

photios

Reaction score
Can someone explain the options/choices you would consider for a 2015i Yukon XL Denali (8 speed)?
If I don't intend to tow max capacity or race this truck anywhere, what would I get out of a black bear tune? (or any kind of tuning)

Sorry for the neophyte question, please be gentle.

I didn't see a resopnse to this question. I have a 2015 Tahoe LTZ and I'm wondering the exact same thing. I'm very intrigued about it, and considering a tune, but I need to know what exactly it will offer me. I'm all for higher MPG, that for sure.

Photios

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA