BlackBear Tune 2015 Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I gotta tell ya, with 400 miles on it I'm really impressed with this Black Bear Tune. Now the transmission doesn't skip a beat and the truck pulls harder at lower and top end speeds. Both the Trans and 6.2 are awake now, exactly what I asked for. I've always been a fan of the 6 speed and now with the right tune, it’s flawless. Also I’m already seeing about a 2MPG bump using 93 gas which is pretty amazing on an XL. With no other mods I am pleasantly surprised with the difference this tune makes.

I was a little apprehensive at first going through with this service on a brand new truck with only 1500 miles on it. Those fears quickly went away after driving it for the first time. No warning lights and things like cylinder deactivation still work. Going back to stock is very simple with a re-flash. The AutoCal is a very cool service Black Bear offers. They analyze your stock ECM\TCM after you drive it around for 20-30 min. Upon reviewing your stock files they ask how you would like your tune specific to your truck and needs. Once you install your new tune you then send it in so they can analyze it once again to make sure everything checks out. I wasn't use to this kind of service I have always bought Diablo tunes. What separates Black Bear apart is their knowledge of GM trucks and a custom tune for your truck the way you like it. Big thank you to Justin and his team this was well worth the price and wait.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I gotta tell ya, with 400 miles on it I'm really impressed with this Black Bear Tune. Now the transmission doesn't skip a beat and the truck pulls harder at lower and top end speeds. Both the Trans and 6.2 are awake now, exactly what I asked for. I've always been a fan of the 6 speed and now with the right tune, it’s flawless. Also I’m already seeing about a 2MPG bump using 93 gas which is pretty amazing on an XL. With no other mods I am pleasantly surprised with the difference this tune makes.

I was a little apprehensive at first going through with this service on a brand new truck with only 1500 miles on it. Those fears quickly went away after driving it for the first time. No warning lights and things like cylinder deactivation still work. Going back to stock is very simple with a re-flash. The AutoCal is a very cool service Black Bear offers. They analyze your stock ECM\TCM after you drive it around for 20-30 min. Upon reviewing your stock files they ask how you would like your tune specific to your truck and needs. Once you install your new tune you then send it in so they can analyze it once again to make sure everything checks out. I wasn't use to this kind of service I have always bought Diablo tunes. What separates Black Bear apart is their knowledge of GM trucks and a custom tune for your truck the way you like it. Big thank you to Justin and his team this was well worth the price and wait.

how they work , you can put the car back to normal at any time or they have to do?

:hmmm2:

OP
OP
S

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how they work , you can put the car back to normal at any time or they have to do?

You set it back to stock yourself with the handheld device that's included with the Autocal service. Mine sits in the truck with the stock EMC\TCM loaded.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You set it back to stock yourself with the handheld device that's included with the Autocal service. Mine sits in the truck with the stock EMC\TCM loaded.

You the one handle this or someone else?

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blackbear provides the tune. You transfer the tunes from your handheld which plugs into the OBD port underneath the steering wheel.

my bad i try to ask if you are blackbear provider or someone elese?:hmmm2:

OP
OP
S

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my bad i try to ask if you are blackbear provider or someone elese?:hmmm2:

I'm just a costumer. I haven't seen anyone post anything about a Blackbear tune on a 2015 Denali. I thought it might help someone that's interested in the Autocal service.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just a costumer. I haven't seen anyone post anything about a Blackbear tune on a 2015 Denali. I thought it might help someone that's interested in the Autocal service.
Yes I'm,will find out when they come to NJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA