Black Widow muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Erik G

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 inch for the 5.3

I did the regular Venom 250, so that is what you are hearing on my videos

Jjdenali

Reaction score
3 inch for the 5.3

I did the regular Venom 250, so that is what you are hearing on my videos
I was worried the 250 wouldn't be loud enough for me lol I just took a 5,000 mile trip in ours and it was great. No drone what so ever! Sounded awesome through the mountains too! Definitely got lots of looks! My fiance says people ask her about what exhaust is on it all the time

OP
OP
Erik G

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh yeah, when you get on it you can hear it. I like that with the resonator and factory tip - it looks stock

Jjdenali

Reaction score
oh yeah, when you get on it you can hear it. I like that with the resonator and factory tip - it looks stock
Yep cruising down the highway at 90 it sounds just as quiet as factory inside. The sound is almost negligible. I kept the resonator as well. You can definitely hear it when you're outside of it though.

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
Yep - muffler only

I would like the corsa but that's a lot of money. This has a good crisp bark, and I have no freeway drone at all. I am pleasantly surprised

Would a more aggressive muffler from them mimic a corsa?

OP
OP
Erik G

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
since you have the denali, but the MBRP are you at 3 inch or 3 and a half?

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
since you have the denali, but the MBRP are you at 3 inch or 3 and a half?

I am 3''. If I was to go back I'd do AR headers and stock catback knowing what i know now. The MBRP doesn't feel choked or anything and sounds great.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I listened with earbuds and, damn, I love the tone.

It's a little too loud for this geezer (LOL) so I wonder what would be a step down on the volume level.

ScrewbenSS

Reaction score
This sounds great! I wanted about this level of sound. I went with the magniflow 12589 and was dissapointed with how little difference it made. So I hacked off my resonator but it really didnt help much. Gave the truck a deeper tone but its almost like stock volume levels. Even my wife who wanted it to remain quiet was dissapointed. She admitted that she did want a little more rumble than what we got.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts