Black Widow muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ur2noz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Which did you use? Side/center or center/center? My fiance won't be home until later for me to look at it. I finally found the sound I've been looking for. Thanks for posting!

Also in for more info.

OP
OP
Erik G

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which did you use? Side/center or center/center? My fiance won't be home until later for me to look at it. I finally found the sound I've been looking for. Thanks for posting!

the 250 side/center. you will notice that they have different part numbers but the non-pro version is reversible, I asked, they are Left and Right on their website only so the logo is facing different ways

I suggest listening with good headphones, I think that's the most accurate as to actual sound

I did take a new video this weekend, but there is some background AC noise in my parking garage. Let me edit it and post it anyways. I'll try again later

OP
OP
Erik G

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok here it is

Again, it's a 5.3 and still has the stock resonator and tip for now. I did add the airaid Jr. and drop in dry filter. Fresh spark plugs, oil, and cleaned FI and MAF

This is a cold start - sat overnight and this is the next afternoon

Sucks about the AC noise in the background. I'll try again

thirdcoast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sounds very good.

I was looking at those, but need a 3.5" and they do not make a 3.5", so I went with the Flowmaster Big Block 50 Series and left the rest of the exhaust system stock. So it is 3.5" from the exhaust manifold all the way to the end.

Has a good sound and adequate noise when you get on it PLUS no drone cruising at 70-80..

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn that does sound nice! ...this time I listened to it on my home PC lol.....

OP
OP
Erik G

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to be clear they do offer a 3.5 now

And if you have any questions feel free to ask me or email black widow, I was pleasantly surprised that the owner himself emailed me back same day.

I would definitely spend some time listening on YouTube as well, but I only remember one other GM truck

Jjdenali

Reaction score
That sounds very good.

I was looking at those, but need a 3.5" and they do not make a 3.5", so I went with the Flowmaster Big Block 50 Series and left the rest of the exhaust system stock. Has a good sound and adequate noise when you get on it PLUS no drone cruising at 70-80..
That sounds very good.

I was looking at those, but need a 3.5" and they do not make a 3.5", so I went with the Flowmaster Big Block 50 Series and left the rest of the exhaust system stock. So it is 3.5" from the exhaust manifold all the way to the end.

Has a good sound and adequate noise when you get on it PLUS no drone cruising at 70-80..
6.2 or 5.3?

OP
OP
Erik G

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5.3 you need 3inch

6.2 I would use their 3.5

I have a 5.3 so that's what you are hearing in this post

thirdcoast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Flowmaster went on my 09 Tahoe LTZ with the L9H 6.2 with a Nelson Tune, AirRaid MIT and now free flow exhaust.. Goes pretty good..

No one makes a cat back for it in 3.5 since there were so few made, but I am happy with the sound I have.. they don't show a 3.5" with R&L Offset on their website so I didn't bother. The Flowmaster fit right in with no modifications..

After 30 years of open headers on drag cars, I don't like it too loud in my "Geezer Hot Rod"

Thirdcoast

Jjdenali

Reaction score
The Flowmaster went on my 09 Tahoe LTZ with the L9H 6.2 with a Nelson Tune, AirRaid MIT and now free flow exhaust.. Goes pretty good..

No one makes a cat back for it in 3.5 since there were so few made, but I am happy with the sound I have..

After 30 years of open headers on drag cars, I don't like it too loud in my "Geezer Hot Rod"

Thirdcoast
I ran a Flowmaster on my 5.3 suburban and it droned so bad I couldn't drive more than 20 miles lol my fiance would kill me if her denali had a drone. She wants the sound just no drone. I just can't decide which way to go. The MagnaFlows just don't sound quite like I want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Austinsham