silencer/muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Easiski

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here and live in France. I've recently bought a 2000 Yukon and it's SILENT! No V8 rumble at all, either on starting or running.
Can anyone recommend an easy swap for a silencer/muffler that at least sounds like a V8? It runs 2 pipes into one, one in and one out of the current silencer. Just awful! My V6 Astro sounded better!
I'd so appreciate advice. I don't want to be heard 1Km away (police), but I really want to hear the V8 when I start and run.
thank you.
charlotte

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here and live in France. I've recently bought a 2000 Yukon and it's SILENT! No V8 rumble at all, either on starting or running.
Can anyone recommend an easy swap for a silencer/muffler that at least sounds like a V8? It runs 2 pipes into one, one in and one out of the current silencer. Just awful! My V6 Astro sounded better!
I'd so appreciate advice. I don't want to be heard 1Km away (police), but I really want to hear the V8 when I start and run.
thank you.
charlotte
I thought you guys had the noise police over there?, here unless you are super obnoxious they don't care
i'm sure you could import a 3 chamber flowmaster, maybe a 2. might want to check online and see what decibel they each make versus what is allowed over there.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Florida!

Have you considered a muffler delete? You can listen to similar trucks on youtube that have done it and see if you like it.
they have strict guidlines on noise in France, .621 mile seems like a lot but I bet it's less than that, might depend on where he lives though

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH, USA.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

OP
OP
E

Easiski

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought you guys had the noise police over there?, here unless you are super obnoxious they don't care
i'm sure you could import a 3 chamber flowmaster, maybe a 2. might want to check online and see what decibel they each make versus what is allowed over there.
the problem is that there's no actual information about how loud you can be. I have a friend with a 31 Ford rod and that's REALLY loud (corvette engine), but it's not a daily driver - mine is. Also, here in the mountains the sound carries more with less ambient noise, so I'm being cautious. I had 2 cherry bombs on a Dodge dayvan and had to have them changed for registration - it still sounded like a V8 though!

OP
OP
E

Easiski

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH, USA.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Attachments

• Yukon Front qurter.jpeg
    Yukon Front qurter.jpeg
    225.3 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
E

Easiski

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My truck was imported into France brand new, so that probably accounts for the excessive silencing! It's in really brilliant condition but with 337000Kms (210600 miles). Too good to be true considering the price of 6000€ (2nd hand vehicles are really expensive here) - I'm waiting for something to go wrong!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65