Black bear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@08HoeCD thats another problem. Wife doesn’t see a need for it at all. My other option would be to get the autocal and do it all undercover. Then if I even add intake and exhaust it can be redone easily

95% of wives see no need for it and either just tolerate it or raise hell over the cost-----or the husband keeps it under the radar so they don't know. Really.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I think with the autocal you just plug it in and redo the scans email it to black bear and the readjust it. I’m not 100% sure tho

That's correct. I was asking about no Autocal.

I can't see a time/need to change anything, as I'll never add a blower or turbo or change gears or anything. If I did, I'd probably buy the AutoCal device outright along with having BBP send me an updated tune. As I understand it, the alternative is to pay a deposit for the AutoCal device, use it to install the new tune, then return it to BBP and get your deposit back. Lifetime tunes for free.

That's what I had envisioned. Didn't know if they would need you to send the module, or if they can send the scan cable and email files. I also wondered if you had any warrantee service concerns with having a tune in there?

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's what I had envisioned. Didn't know if they would need you to send the module, or if they can send the scan cable and email files. I also wondered if you had any warrantee service concerns with having a tune in there?
If you don't have an AutoCal and depending on what year your vehicle is, we would have you send in your computers to be updated. Unfortunately we would not be able to loan out the AutoCal for a deposit.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Your terminology is correct.

My warranty has long since expired. This tune is a very low-risk proposition.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Your terminology is correct.

My warranty has long since expired. This tune is a very low-risk proposition.

I hear that. I'm figuring that if /when I put bigger tires, or any other dumb stuff this forum makes me do, I'll be pissed I didn't get it when I'm down for a few days sending my module in. That, plus the little discount at time time, has got me thinking Autocal.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife encouraged me to get the truck tuned and the difference is so drastic it has scared her. She's not used to having a 6,000lb truck's front end lift into the air from a roll and take off such as when coming out of a u-turn and it downshifts from 2nd to 1st much sooner now. Yeah, it even gets my attention sometimes!

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In person tune if you can. I drove 3.5 hours one way to get mine with Justin. He was great and dialed it in much better than stock. My 06 runs great, shifts great especially from 1-2, runs up to just under 6000RPM and will really take off if I am WOT running. Tow/Haul Ass mode is great. MPGs are relative depending on how much you mash the pedal. Otherwise it is just nice to drive. And considering I have the 4.8, which still pulls pretty good. Nothing compared to the 6.0.

I will get the 5.3 tuned, turn off AFM completely (currently have the Range device) as well and may get the AutoCal to have for both trucks as the cost is a bit more for the device, but relative considering I will eventually have both trucks tuned.

Really do want the Suburban to have a bit more power.....

It really is the quickest, easiest way to get some added performance out of your truck, without having to mess with a whole lot under the hood yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907