Black Bear Performance Tune, Chicago, IL, May 4-6, 2015

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What: Black Bear Performance Tunes (98+ GM vehicles only)

Where: Chicago, IL

When: May 4-6, 2015

How Much:
$80 deposit for time slot, $220 at time of tune (total $300)

Please go to Calendar of Events to submit your deposit.

If folks want spare modules the prices are as follows:
$50 - 98-00 Vortec
$100 - Gen-III
$140 ECM / $50 TCM - Gen-IV Trucks and SUVs

**We will need to ship out the modules before the meet for people to install them and perform the security relearn prior to being tuned.

**If folks purchase spare computers, we will perform the crank relearn on all 99+ vehicles.

**Any tune updates need to be scheduled directly with Justin prior to the meet by email, [email protected]. Please email your update request (please include vehicle details – year, make, model, engine – along with what you would like updated). We will try our best to accommodate your request, but you will not be given a time slot, rather we will fit you into the schedule as time permits.

**Please Note: The email address that is used to pay your deposit is the email address that we will send all correspondence to. If you would like us to use a different email address, please email me at [email protected] to notify me of the email address change.

Please see Black Bear Performance for more info on our products!

al2fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come on everyone , I'm in! Did it on my 08 Sierra Denali, so worth it. Our recently acquired 09 Yukon Denali is getting the treatment too!

I hope there are enough to get this meet to happen!

dub02gpgt

dub
Reaction score
I put my deposit in last week. I really hope this happens, my 07 needs a bb tune!!

dub02gpgt

dub
Reaction score
Powerhaulic, I sent an email through the contact page & did receive a response after about 2 days. Jarrad answered all my questions & I'm excited to get my third gm tuned with Blackbear!

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The guys were on a tuning trip until last night, so email response is a bit behind. BBP is also technically closed on the weekends. What email are you sending from? I can make sure it is in the queue, as the guys are ~2 days behind at the moment.

I am happy to answer any questions that you may have.

Last edited:

al2fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received response today:)

Any members care to comment on their 6.2 6speed tunes?

On my 08 Sierra Denali the biggest change was responsiveness. I had all the nannies turned off the torque management on the engine and tranny. Step on the gas and go. My mpg stayed the same. Drive ability was much much better. Had the Rev limiter bumped a few hundred rpms per Justins recommendation. I wanted to punch the Sierra after I got it because you would hit the gas and wait and it would finally downshift and then the power would roll on. The 07 tundra I had prior to the Denali with the 5.7 would have killed the Denali pre-tune as Toyota doesn't have that management crap, at least if they do its way better stock.

Nice not to wait for the tranny to downshift when you hit the gas And you have full power all the time so it seems like you have more power. My now yukon Denali seems way more refined and smooth as far as shifting goes compared to my sierra, so don't want to give up too much of that this time when the tune is done. I only had my sierra for a few months prior to the tune so cannot remember what it was like pre-tune. My only mod was air intake and only thing I will do on my yukon is the air raid intake tube which I got today.

The Sierra was civilized when driving normal but you could summon the beast right quick post tune! I buy the 6.2 for the 400+ hp and post black bear I have what I want.:party52:

dub02gpgt

dub
Reaction score
Just checked the Blackbear website & I see the event is officially planned! Whoohoo!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tired_One