Bilstein HD Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
U

ulakovic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up/advice Tony, very much appreciated. The lower spring perch was in fact upside down. I flipped both of them over and took it for a test drive and it rides awesome. The correction took me an hour and 47 minutes with a couple of interruptions, but that's expected with 4 kids. Thanks everyone for the interest in seeing how it turned out. One thing I didn't do according to the instructions was use the collar provided with the shocks. The lip on the shock body was in the same location as factory and the perch fit great. I tried the spring perch with the collar installed and it didn't fit right and of course raised the perch up about a 1/4 inch. What does everyone else do who install the Bilstein's?

IMG_0001_zps68f764bc.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Oh yeah, no measurements yet. It was too dark to take a picture and measure when I got done. I work a 8-5ish so I only have a couple hours after work before it gets dark.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes ive done a few of them over when shops did what you did and dont know what happened and i get them lol. Easy fix and your ready to roll.

Yes yours is the same as the ones ive been doing on the hds. If you decide to go lower and dont have a machine shop near you shoot them out to me and I can machine it and ship it back to you the next day.

Darkie

Reaction score
9a8a7ymy.jpg
Hi
I had these installed in my truck that was already dropped when they finished the front went up several inches
I see the pic you posted but is that right or wrong pic
Here's how they did mine
Thanks

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They also have a lifting strut. Maybe they put that one in

OP
OP
U

ulakovic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
9a8a7ymy.jpg
Hi
I had these installed in my truck that was already dropped when they finished the front went up several inches
I see the pic you posted but is that right or wrong pic
Here's how they did mine
Thanks

The picture I posted was how I installed the spring perches wrong the first time. In your picture everything appears to be fine. I would check the part number that is stamped on the shock and look it up. It's at the bottom of the shock so you should be able to see it. Like Tony said, it's possible whoever installed it got the Bilstein 5100 series shocks which allow you to raise your vehicle.

OP
OP
U

ulakovic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with Arnott products. What do you consider several inches? Off the top of my head they might have used the Bilstein collar which will increase height, but not "several" inches.

Darkie

Reaction score
It was about an inch from fender to tire now it looks like someone stole my engine toousybydyg.jpg

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Maybe you had lowering struts before and didnt know.

Darkie

Reaction score
Never thought of that
Thanks
Will the lowering struts by bell tech be a comparable ride to the bilstein
What do you guys use for a lowering strut

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz