Bilstein 4600's. Who's running them and what's a good price?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pizzle

Reaction score
I run the Bilstein 4600 on my tow vehicle, 2007 GMC Vortec Max CC and have over 70,000 miles on them towing up to 8000 lbs. often with no problems.
They will ride a little stiff at first, but will soften up enough to be smooth on the road. I have also used them on previous Tahoe's and don't buy any other brand..
My 2014 may get a set if I keep it...

I say get them especially for that price.. I think I paid 70 something each a few years ago..

Thirdcoast

any recommendations on springs?

pizzle

Reaction score
No, no issues. Like most manufacturers they have a premium line and a value line. Stay away from the value stuff.

lol... Haven't I recommended springs for you already?

I figured i just now GM recommends the AC Delco stuff so i was wondering.

Yes you have recommended springs i was just curious as to what he used. I think you recommended the Moog which i think im going to go with

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run them up front, and LOVE them. Not Harsh or too firm! Thats the best price you will find, unless they fell off the back of a truck...

OP
OP
W

walther78

Reaction score
While the price was right the company I ordered from sucks. AJUSA. I ordered on the 23rd, was billed for all 4 shocks. Package was delivered on the 27th with only the rears and NO packing slip or order number. I thought maybe it was 2 boxes and one was stolen so I called their customer service. They said the other shipped to the wrong address. I called again the next day to get a tracking number and they then said that the fronts hadn't shipped yet. Called again and got the run around. Finally got a tracking number the other day and they should be here today.

The rears went on easy as I have almost zero rust. The only issue was I didn't have 21mm sockets so had to go purchase some. I'll need to get some 15mm wrenches over lunch it looks like so I can pull the fronts stocks off tonight. The ride was much better in the rear after I drove over some parking lot speed bumps. Stock shocks with 70,000 miles on them really didn't feel awful but they were shot. I could compress both and they never rebounded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz