Best replacement shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PUNKYOU007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 01 Suburban with the DJM 3/5.5 drop. Hasn't even been a year and one of my rear shocks is bad so i need something to replace them...hopefully something that's more reliable. Suggestions?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
djm shocks have a lifetime warranty so shoot me pictures of the shock on the truck and whats bad about them. Ive only had a total of prob 8 djm shocks go bad over all the years that ive sold them.

OP
OP
PUNKYOU007

PUNKYOU007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I installed the helper bags last week, the rear shock passenger side pushed all the way in with one hand and little to no force and did not push itself back out.

To get a pic I will have to see when I can get it back up to the shop I guess. Do i need to take it out and take a pic?

I also have a concern about one on the drivers side front but I still need to pull the wheel and check it.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
When I installed the helper bags last week, the rear shock passenger side pushed all the way in with one hand and little to no force and did not push itself back out.

To get a pic I will have to see when I can get it back up to the shop I guess. Do i need to take it out and take a pic?

I also have a concern about one on the drivers side front but I still need to pull the wheel and check it.

just shoot me a pic of the shock if its bad should be oil all around.

OP
OP
PUNKYOU007

PUNKYOU007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest there was no oil on the shock. Just the fact that it could be fully compressed with little/no effort and would not push itself back out. While the other side was a bear to compress. Ill take a pic for you though.

elizabethjw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Ive only had a total of prob 8 djm shocks go bad over all the years that ive sold them.

ILLEGAL REGAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't order from you, previous owner installed them. The seals are blown... body is fine, 99.999% of the time that's how they part ways lol

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I didn't order from you, previous owner installed them. The seals are blown... body is fine, 99.999% of the time that's how they part ways lol

Yah you would have to give them a call on that one. 310 538 1583

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA