Best product to make black exterior trim black again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ciro

Reaction score
I mixed mineral spirits and boiled linseed oil (50%, 50%) and I applied it on the trim using a rag. I found this mix is paint safe, however be careful. It looks great, very black like a new trim. It will last between 30 and 60 days depending of the weather conditions, sun exposure, rain etc. One thing I like about this treatment is that it will degrade without residues, no flakes, etc, So it is easy to mantain and very cheap (I paid around 15 dollars for both products in my local home store)

Ciro

Reaction score
I forgot to let you know this: Be very careful disposing the rags, linseed oil on rags sometimes caugh fire spontaneously, When you finish restoring your trim disponse the rags using a metal can then close it, that's the way I do it. It is safe as the oxygen is limited and in case of fire the metal can will contain it.

Last edited:

extremetint

Reaction score
21OxXqZu4fL.jpg

Samsquanch

Reaction score
I have a bottle of Pre-Wow residue remover and Black Wow Pro on the way... I won't see it for another week yet but will update on the results if anybody is interested.

carduke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use 303 protectant for the exterior blacks trim. Not permanent yet provides UV protection.

Zihmer001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So far I'm a fan of Chemical Guys Tire and Trim Gel. Non-permanent. I'm a big fan of their products.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far I'm a fan of Chemical Guys Tire and Trim Gel. Non-permanent. I'm a big fan of their products.

I use some of that for stuff that's not already too faded but it wouldn't touch my faded running boards, bumper pieces, or roof rack. They were turning whitish. That's where I used Krylon Fusion For Plastics and a year and a half later it all still looks new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PapaStan

Latest posts