Hardwood trim swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@RST Dana - Thanks for noticing - I like the bowties on the headrests

I noticed several of the "higher end" vehicles with custom embossed headrests.
The Chevy SS has a good example. Or a Black Widow lifted vehicle from SCA Performance; they really do a nice interior redo.
Anyways, thought I would give it a try and see how it ended up. I've actually been meaning to take this another step and get 2 more done, since I only have the front seats done.
There are some more expensive products out on the market compared to the headrest covers I purchased, but I didn't want to invest too much $ on this project. Really wasn't sure how they would turn out.

Currently, I have installed a headrest cover purchased online that I was able to have thread embossed. I found a local shop and they turned around the needle work on the headrests in about a week.
They used artwork computer file that I provided them, not sure if they had to tweak it all to make it work with their machine/parameters.

Headrest cover purchased here: https://autohq.com/c-57-headrest-covers_chevrolet-tahoe-2015.aspx
There are a couple different options. Mine is the Leatherette version, color: black.
Price per headrest was around $25

Bowtie embossing art file: I have an adobe illustrator (.ai) file that has a bowtie ready to be used.
When provided to the thread shop they didn't seem to have any troubles getting it all stitched on.

All in all, very happy with the purchase and how the headrests came out. Upon install, they are pretty darn snug. Not 100% like a completely stitched headrest, but good enough for me. You can certainly see them through my front windshield and side windows; they are noticeable.

You could also have the bowtie done in any thread color you would like - bonus! I think it adds a nice, subtle touch.
No reason you couldn't get some other artwork embossed on these headrests though. Favorite logo, initials, etc. Really get more personalized with the interior that way perhaps.

Safe Travels!

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Chevy SS has a good example. Or a Black Widow lifted vehicle from SCA Performance; they really do a nice interior redo.
Anyways, thought I would give it a try and see how it ended up. I've actually been meaning to take this another step and get 2 more done, since I only have the front seats done.
There are some more expensive products out on the market compared to the headrest covers I purchased, but I didn't want to invest too much $ on this project. Really wasn't sure how they would turn out.

Currently, I have installed a headrest cover purchased online that I was able to have thread embossed. I found a local shop and they turned around the needle work on the headrests in about a week.
They used artwork computer file that I provided them, not sure if they had to tweak it all to make it work with their machine/parameters.

Headrest cover purchased here: https://autohq.com/c-57-headrest-covers_chevrolet-tahoe-2015.aspx
There are a couple different options. Mine is the Leatherette version, color: black.

Bowtie embossing art file: I have an adobe illustrator (.ai) file that has a bowtie ready to be used.
When provided to the thread shop they didn't seem to have any troubles getting it all stitched on.

All in all, very happy with the purchase and how the headrests came out. Upon install, they are pretty darn snug. Not 100% like a completely stitched headrest, but good enough for me. You can certainly see them through my front windshield and side windows; they are noticeable.

You could also have the bowtie done in any thread color you would like - bonus! I think it adds a nice, subtle touch.
No reason you couldn't get some other artwork embossed on these headrests though. Favorite logo, initials, etc. Really get more personalized with the interior that way perhaps.

Safe Travels!
Cool. Now let’s see the rest of the interior wrap.

Last edited:

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Safe Travels!
I need those with blue emblems. Thanks lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts