Hardwood trim swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zzSKITzz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought a 2016 yukon slt and want to swap out the woodgrain trim for the dark gray wood. Has anyone done this or have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help!

tuckerrnr1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been wanting to do this as well. From reading here and my own research, the door wood parts are not available separate from the door panel. Sometimes you can find the console trim pieces on eBay. I decided on trying to wrap them with a high quality vinyl in a ebony wood grain.

ss4chad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you can pull them off, have them 'Hydro-dipped' in any pattern you want. I did all of the Faux wood panels in my truck with marble.
The piece in front of the passenger, around the radio, the steering wheel controls, front and rear window switch panel and the small piece left of the steering wheel. They came out looking FANTASTIC!!

Chad

OP
OP
zzSKITzz

zzSKITzz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you can pull them off, have them 'Hydro-dipped' in any pattern you want. I did all of the Faux wood panels in my truck with marble.
The piece in front of the passenger, around the radio, the steering wheel controls, front and rear window switch panel and the small piece left of the steering wheel. They came out looking FANTASTIC!!

Chad
I hadn't thought of that. Do you have any pics?

Bagherra

Reaction score

Chad
Pix please!!!!

ss4chad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The back seat window switches are also "marbleized", but you get the idea!
With Hydro-Dipping, you can get just about anything on your dash, steering wheel, radio bezel, door switches and air vents! The possibilities are only limited by what is available, which is quite extensive!

Chad

ss4chad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Go to Google or Bing and type in Hydrographic Film. There are literally hundreds of different Films you can apply to almost anything!
I had a Callaway Driver, 3 Wood & 5 Wood covered in Burl Wood, I had the Valley cover on a built LS6 covered in a waving American Flag, had my Truck Mirrors covered in Carbon Graphite (will get some pics posted shortly of those), valve covers in an Orange Flame and the list goes on!
Depending on the size of the dipping tanks that the shop you choose to use, you can dip just about anything! I wanted to do my hood in a carbon graphite but the shop I use didn't have a tank big enough for a truck hood.

Chad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan