Best CAI for 5.3L?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wolenzo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
One of the members was getting CEL with the Volant on his 09+ but he later said it could be something unrelated to the Volant. I think he was still getting CEL without the Volant. I went ahead and installed the Volant on my 2011 (make sure you get the 09+), it's been 2+ months and so far so good. It's much louder when you step on it. Wife drove it for 2 months and had no idea I changed to a CAI. I'll be doing the BBP tune next and see if she can tell.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah a few of the folks on here and other forums have had issues with the Volant for 09+ NNBS. One person is still having CEL issues after removal.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are issues with some CAIs, but that can be fixed with tuning. Do a quick search, you can figure out which ones they are. DO NOT waste your money on a ram air, they don't work.

We offer all different brands of CAIs, feel free to hit me up for pricing.

ROB'S-HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so overall, what is the best cai to buy. i had k&n on my old dodge and on my 08 silverado and it did a decent job, any other suggestions? to those who have the k&n on their hoes, what do u guys think?

-rob

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the members was getting CEL with the Volant on his 09+ but he later said it could be something unrelated to the Volant. I think he was still getting CEL without the Volant.

Yeah, that guy was an a-hole, that's for sure.

LOL That was me that you all are referring to -- or, I'm ONE of the people, maybe. Anyway, I got a check engine light with the Volant initially, but I could clear it. It would pop up every month or other, and I could clear it. Then, it got so that I couldn't clear it. I ditched the Volant, and was able to clear it. Then, I got the CEL without the Volant. That told me something other than the Volant was the issue. Took the truck to the dealership WITH the CEL present, and they replaced some somethingorother valve, and all has been good, knock on wood -- and WITH the Volant back in the truck.

I think the Volant sounds great, btw. Maybe they all do, but the Volant certainly does. And that's with the stock exhaust (including resonator).

BC Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It troubles me that GM acknowledges their intakes could be more efficient, and they produce more efficient ones, but do not put them on their vehicles from the factory.

Supply and demand and cost.

GM like all businesses produce products to make money, it would cost them too much to put on every tahoe, yukon, burb, etc, plus they know they can charge more and have people buy them as an "aftermarket" product

This is common for every vehicle on the road. I couldn't tell you how many products I figured Ford would have put stock on my Ford Lightning, but again supply and demand

Jmat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The GM Accessories CAI look awesome. Anyone know if it is legal in Cali? I know the Volant is but getting a GM part seems like a good way to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinsbritton