Best CAI for 5.3L?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

I put mine in a couple of days ago, no problems,no codes, so far so good.

^x2. Just installed my Airaid also and no issues either.

Just posted Vids in my Airaid Jr. thread in the PERFORMANCE section for those that are interested.

Last edited:

bair1218

Reaction score
Hey guys I was considering the gm intake as well as the air raid tube.. Do you guys notice any kind of drone from them? I had a true flow tube only and it made a drone at certain rpm's...

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I was considering the gm intake as well as the air raid tube.. Do you guys notice any kind of drone from them? I had a true flow tube only and it made a drone at certain rpm's...

No drone from my Airaid jr. at all. I've had other intakes on my vehicles and this is pretty quiet in comparison. Prob bc it uses the stock air box.

05Yukon23

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My airaid jr has a little drone but it isn't bad.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No drone from my Airaid jr. at all. I've had other intakes on my vehicles and this is pretty quiet in comparison. Prob bc it uses the stock air box.

Actually all the noise coming from CAI's stem from the intake tube itself. The factory one from GM has a "silencer" built into the stock intake tube for this reason. The AIRAID one i had didn't drone at all. It actually sounded pretty badass.

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually all the noise coming from CAI's stem from the intake tube itself. The factory one from GM has a "silencer" built into the stock intake tube for this reason. The AIRAID one i had didn't drone at all. It actually sounded pretty badass.

Yeah the plastic on the stock intake tube is ridic! Felix, IMO the short ram intakes I've heard, sound much louder, such as the K&N's on trucks and even ones i used to put on my 4-bangers back in the day. I feel like the sound is louder bc the filter is exposed at the end of the intake tube or bc the air box is more open, maybe? Have you noticed this??

My Airaid seems VERY quiet IMO. That also may be bc my Corsa drowns out the "intake" sound which IMO I only hear under WOT or under load.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10