Best at tires for 99 suburban 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering what everyone is running for all terrain tires on their obs suvs. I have a 99 obs suburban with the 5.7 and autotrak t case and need to ditch the highway tires for some good all terrains. I need to keep the cost under a grand. It will be mostly on road driving but we travel alot to wyoming so need something that will be good in the snow and the mountains. Sometimes we help out on a farm so were in fields sometimes as well. Its pretty sandy in this area buy the river and at the lake so have to take that in to consideration too. Thanks yall!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought some brand new wheels and tires off of a nnnbs gmc for $650. They have Goodyear duratrac tires I think? They look good and beefy definitely don’t look like street tires but run smooth on the highway with very little road hum. I’ll snap a pic in a lil bit, brought my daughter to do her driving test

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same rims, absolutely love them on a OBS

Yea I’m really diggin em! Even the wife says they’re badass lol. Since my rig is black and white I toyed with the idea of doing plasti dip black, but idk I love the contrast they make idk [emoji848]

OP
OP
J

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
21fd08b80042ee276fe0238623ae0733.jpg

Im running just some 17 steel wheels for now. Those wheels do look good on the obs. Im hoping to get some denali reps at tax time to go with the lift. Ima try and go with duratracks but might have to go with firestone destination A/Ts just for price wise. My tire shop wants about 1300 for them and walmart i can get them out the door for 850 so hopefully they will price match. Will suck to buy tires twice but cant fit 35s on stock ride hight lol.

phllint

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
21fd08b80042ee276fe0238623ae0733.jpg

Im running just some 17 steel wheels for now. Those wheels do look good on the obs. Im hoping to get some denali reps at tax time to go with the lift. Ima try and go with duratracks but might have to go with firestone destination A/Ts just for price wise. My tire shop wants about 1300 for them and walmart i can get them out the door for 850 so hopefully they will price match. Will suck to buy tires twice but cant fit 35s on stock ride hight lol.

Ive had really good luck with bfg all terrains but use load range E. My tahoe came with 265/70/16s and i put 265/75/16s which are load E and 60,000 miles later still going

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for moving this to the correct thread mods!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645