Best at tires for 99 suburban 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmhscorpio

Reaction score
I have driven many miles in the situations you describe. I use only the BFG KO2 on my 99 2 door Tahoes. I have numerous times pushed snow with the front bumper on the way into my remote cabin..

MidwestMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm done with all my research now.

Spent forever on it, I can share all my spreadsheets if you like.... :)

My vehicle has one main purpose, pull a trailer in the snow/ice. Did not want to get dedicated snow tires that are good for 6-12k miles and swap for the season.

I was down to the KO2s, Duratrac or Kumho Road Venture AT51. The Kumhos seemed to be winter rated right there with the KO2s. The Duratracs have an aggressive thread, and I was concerned with less contact area for ice, and possible road noise.

I was also surprised the the Duratracs were one of the few tires sold by Goodyear that did not offer their "30 Day Pledge". An option to change tires in 30 days if you were not happy.
My old Silent Armors, and just about every other tire from Goodyear, offers it.

I called Goodyear and asked why. They could not come up with an answer, so I'm assuming a lot of people wanted to exchange this tire at some point?
Duratracs and Road Ventures were a lot less than they K02s, but that is what I went with.

Tirerack.com is a great place to compare tires and get review information.

garysam

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wondering what everyone is running for all terrain tires on their obs suvs. I have a 99 obs suburban with the 5.7 and autotrak t case and need to ditch the highway tires for some good all terrains. I need to keep the cost under a grand. It will be mostly on road driving but we travel alot to wyoming so need something that will be good in the snow and the mountains. Sometimes we help out on a farm so were in fields sometimes as well. Its pretty sandy in this area buy the river and at the lake so have to take that in to consideration too. Thanks yall!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have Firestone Destination A/Ts on my 2000 Escalade on 18s. They are great in snow, ice, quiet on the hwy and a good price. I live in SW Ontario, BTW.

OP
OP
J

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input! The firestone destination A/T is at the top of the list right now. Also looking in to the toyo open country line as well. Ill get it figured out eventually lol.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the duratracs now but I have had the BFG A/Ts, I really liked the BFGs they rode smooth, plenty of traction, no road hum and they had really thick sidewalls, well atleast on the 33-12.50-15s I had. My duratracs now are comparable in every way, yes the tread is a bit more aggressive but no road hum and they run very smooth. I only have the duratracs because they came of the rims, the guy had like 10 sets and the others were all city street tires, mine were the only ones that looked “tuff”. Otherwise I would have sold the city street tires and bought a set of BFGs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf

Latest posts