BB tune trans settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Yes it's a great mod. The corvette servo allows quicker and firmer 1-2 shifts it applies the 2-4 band and gives the trans a better holding power when shifting

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Can someone tell me (or esplain to me) if i can and if i should put a corvette servo in my 13 hoe (6sp) AND when i change the fluid, (soon because i do plow and i's a scared, 55k and i want it to last) what can i or should i do (shift kit? Can i?) while the pan is down to help my poor snowplowing hoe AND if using synthetic trans fluid will be beneficial ( royal purple, which if i go with synthetic i'd have to drain/run/refill a few times to get the old fluid out of converter, correct?) please? Esplain in stupid people talk because im stupid. Thank you.

These newer transmissions are all electronically controlled so a shift kit really won't do much because it will only do what the TCM tells it to do so reprogramming the TCM is the modern day version of a shift kit. I am pretty sure all Dexron VI fluid is synthetic to the best of my knowledge. If you do decide to swap fluid, unhook one of your transmissions cooler lines and hook up some hose and put it into a bucket and start the truck and let it run for a few seconds to pump the old fluid out into the bucket, stop engine, then add new fluid into the dipstick tube and repeat until you see new fluid coming out into your bucket then reconnect your cooler line and top off the fluid. This process is a lot easier with a helper.

OP
OP
NGAneer

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I am no transmission expert but I am in the market for upgrading my transmission and started researching different companies, then lead to other people's experiences, then lead to failures and what causes them

The 4l60e uses the pcm to control torque converter lock up using the tcc solenoid. It tells when the converter to lock up and disengage using a pulse modulation or duty cycle. Partial lock up allows slippage to happen under certain conditions and transition into a smooth lock up. On lower engine and road speeds it will allow the converter to be partially locked and eliminate the need for downshifting or to avoid stalling.
Partial locking can cause added heat and could burn up clutches. I know tuners can disable this feature and make it as a on or off state or modify the duty cycle of the solenoid. Some trans companies can disable that too like performabuild trans.

PWM = Pulse width modulation

You can eliminate this with a fitzall valve. This makes your tcc an on/off valve like the old days.

Another killer to the 4l60e is the wear to the bore of the tcc valve, which in turn will lock and unlock and create a shudder over time. It will start off slight and end up shaking your change out of your pockets.

http://www.fitzall.com/supportDetail.php?A74741Q-188

I think I removed most tq management, mine firms up more at wot and is pretty normal for around town driving. If I remember correctly, the worst thing you want to do is turn up the pressure.

yea, increasing line pressure plus a corvette servo isnt good

So I got my tune done with the only direction to BBP to remove 75% TM during normal driving and 100% during "sport mode". I let them know I had a corvette 2nd and billet 4th servo set-up. I have no real way of knowing if they turned up my line pressure unless that's how the shifts were firmed up, but during normal driving I can't tell a huge difference in TC lock/unlock.

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the part numbers for the servos

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got my tune done with the only direction to BBP to remove 75% TM during normal driving and 100% during "sport mode". I let them know I had a corvette 2nd and billet 4th servo set-up. I have no real way of knowing if they turned up my line pressure unless that's how the shifts were firmed up, but during normal driving I can't tell a huge difference in TC lock/unlock.

This is why i tune my own vehicles. You can see if you can get the tune emailed to you and go through the file itself.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Does anyone have the part numbers for the servos

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bought mine off eBay from Oregonpreformancetransmission for like 18 bucks.

94 and newer the 4l60e has pretty much remained the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645