BB tune trans settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to get some opinions on trans settings (torque management, shift firmness,etc.) and "other" tune modifications not prescribed in the black bear form.

Truck is an 07 Yukon 4x4, homemade intake, aem drop in, MagnaFlow knockoff muffler, corvette 2nd servo and superior bullet 4th gear servo. Trying to decide if their "firm" shifting will be to harsh for the family and my 145k mile trans. Same considerations when talking about torque management. Let me know what you guys recommend for me/have done with yours. Thanks in advance.

Samuraj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like to know same thing...
Will be watching this tread
Can't decided between BB and diablo for my hoe , daily driven , never raced

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to get some opinions on trans settings (torque management, shift firmness,etc.) and "other" tune modifications not prescribed in the black bear form.

Truck is an 07 Yukon 4x4, homemade intake, aem drop in, MagnaFlow knockoff muffler, corvette 2nd servo and superior bullet 4th gear servo. Trying to decide if their "firm" shifting will be to harsh for the family and my 145k mile trans. Same considerations when talking about torque management. Let me know what you guys recommend for me/have done with yours. Thanks in advance.

I'm no tuning expert, but my unscientific research suggests that the significant slippage between gears in most factory transmissions causes more heat than the quicker shifts do; thus, it may be argued that quicker/firmer shifting may actually prolong the life of your average mechanicals in transmissions.

Again, I'm no expert.

Samuraj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True , my trans on 05 Dodge Ram last 130.000 miles ..... and exploded , superchip handheld tune from day one , 5.7 hemi

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
I'm no tuning expert, but my unscientific research suggests that the significant slippage between gears in most factory transmissions causes more heat than the quicker shifts do; thus, it may be argued that quicker/firmer shifting may actually prolong the life of your average mechanicals in transmissions.

I agree no slippage!! No friction

Ben Hinz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in a thread about LSA Swaps? I have a bunch of info and it would be a good resource center for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
NGAneer

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Again, I'm no expert.
I had similar thoughts though thinking about the trans settings. Additionally, shocking the internal parts with firmer shifts could cause stress on some of the weaker materials. Just thinking about breaking the center splines off the sun shell when a drag car hooks up at the end of a burnout. Not saying that would happen to me but just fishing for ideas from the group.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne