Ball joint removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PUNKYOU007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any tips on getting this ***** off? Been out here over an hour trying. Won't break free from the spindal.

Text it call meplease 8044796050

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe you need a press tool for the job and you might be able to rent it from auto zone or oreilly....

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you trying to remove the ball joint just from the spindle or from the control arm as well? To free it from the spindle, just need some patience. To get it from the control arm you will need a press. I've seen specific ball joint c-clamp style hand presses which let you leave the arms attached to the frame, but there are plenty if people who just use a fixture on either a standing hydraulic or an arbor press, which you need to remove the arm from the truck. Specifically the ball joint set up on these trucks are an awful pain to change so alot of the time, new control arms are just bought with the joint already pressed in as well as new bushings. I know rockauto has em for a pretty decent price.

zaathur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put upper and lower ball joints on my 02 the only tip i can give you is it will take some time and you will get pissed off, but it is possible rent the ball joint removal tool to press out the joint i had to use a cheater bar on it i also used a air hammer to help on the lower

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660