Bad EVO...Again!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99GMC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I noticed a slight jerking after I put the stock wheels and tires back a few weeks ago. Does this repair take a long time to do?

OP
OP
fyremanpat

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
20 minutes tops. the hardest part for me was getting the steering grommet back into place.

steamroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well yea thats what I mean. where it goes loose then tightens up. thats from it losing contact..i was referring to the actual pump sensor.

Thats what I was talking about although it's not really a sensor, the only sensor is on the column. EVO= electronic variable orifice

There are some things that don't need electronics involved and 1 of those things is steering :imo:

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what years was the evo sensor on, was it on 95's?

bebop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
what were the symptoms of your EVO going out? did you have any whining or just "loose" steering? Do you have the part number for the EVO? Also, I tried looking for the evo delete kit using the part number in the thread with no luck. any suggestions for that?

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why keep it?
Replace the fitting on the pump and hose from an older truck that didn't have it and be done with it. GM also sells a fitting and line adapter that allows you to keep the factory hose if you want. Part #19168825, pic is from fezmomasher on FSC

img072.jpg

What year was that hose off of? Can that be had at a parts store or GM?

oldsalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed mine over when I rebuilt the engine last year to the upgrade that steamroller posted. At that time it was a GM only part. It is a small 'U' shaped pipe that basically eliminates the EVO. No problems since. I was told that this is a GM fix/upgrade.
Sunlitcomet might have a tech bulletin on this.

bebop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does that replacement give you the feel of full power steering or is there a heavier feel. I really don't like the light feeling I have now, especially at highway speeds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pawaso