Backup light that fits inside hitch receiver?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m looking for something bright as hell to fend off people that follow me.

I work for mortgage companies who repo foreclosure homes, and some people are not too happy, go figure

Looking for a bright light and preferably a strobe, I concealed carry but really never ever want to go that route. Just to install a bright light or strobe to discourage people , any ideas?

Might be a custom job, all I see online are brake and backup lights

Appreciate your replies!

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why hitch mount? Do you want to remove it at times? You can bolt on strobes under the rear bumper where the support brackets mount to the bumper lip. I've been eyeballing a set of these. Of course you may piss them off even more but it's your prerogative. There's a good video in the review with them mounted on the push bar of a Chevy p/u.

Here is the ones I have with just white pods. Eventually want to switch them to the strobes linked above:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was an obnoxious teenager, I had a rectangular off-road light mounted on my rear bumper and aimed at a driver's face if they were behind me. There was a switch in the console to manually activate it.

With modern LED lighting, you ought to be able to rig something up like that or a strobe and maybe even a wireless remote to operate it.

salisburyv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i plan on placing a set of 6" lights on either side of the hitch, that i will control with a switch. the reason is so i can see better backing up. still can't fully trust/use the backup camera. its really small...

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i plan on placing a set of 6" lights on either side of the hitch, that i will control with a switch. the reason is so i can see better backing up. still can't fully trust/use the backup camera. its really small...
That's why I added the LEDs. They work automatically as backup lights, and I also have a switch under the dash that I can use to manually turn them on.

Backup Lights.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yusefs257