Back Up Lights not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
emann_01

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm betting that it's the backup lamps relay in the underhood fuse box.

Yeah I think this might have something to do with with but unfortunately I dont think its a replacable relay...is this right? I will have to replace the entire underhood circuit board?

Also, could any of this be causing the issues with the license plate lights and the trailer brake wires?

OP
OP
emann_01

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i found this thread: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/threads/reverse-lights-on-constantly.130727/

it looks like you might need to replace the whole fuse box. maybe you can find someone local that will let you swap them out to test the theory.

Yeah, I read that exact same thread and thats what led me to think I need the entire cicuit board....

I went ahead and purchased one from gmpartsdirect...should be here Friday. Hopefully this fixes the issues!

I will give an update once I swap them out.

OP
OP
emann_01

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I swapped out the whole fuse box and problem solved! Reverse lights are working and trailer brake controller is hooked up and functioning.

I still have to get the license plate lamps to work but I think that is a bulb issue.

Shimmy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To clarify, you replace the fuse box?

GM 19210438

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE