Autoride Links and Spacer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bodymccannx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Have an '07 2wd Autoride Burbn; I am using the Belltech 2in spindles front, and BT 3/4 spring in rear (spacer is currently in). The Belltech Autoride links are shortened as much as possible currently. I am wanting to lower the truck another 1inch front and back.

2 questions:
a. How much will the truck come down by removing the spacers?
b. Anyone know offhand how short the BT links can get (center-to-center)?

Thanks,
Mark

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How thick are the spacers?

The truck will come down the thickness of the spacers.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys. Have an '07 2wd Autoride Burbn; I am using the Belltech 2in spindles front, and BT 3/4 spring in rear (spacer is currently in). The Belltech Autoride links are shortened as much as possible currently. I am wanting to lower the truck another 1inch front and back.

2 questions:
a. How much will the truck come down by removing the spacers?
b. Anyone know offhand how short the BT links can get (center-to-center)?

Thanks,
Mark

a) yes it will come down 1 inch and the links you can set at 2.5 inches
b) in front to get 1 inch do my strut mod works perfect.

OP
OP
B

bodymccannx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Tony, so, even with the autoride links, removing the BT spacer will bring down a further inch? Also, when you say 2.5 inches, you're referring to the Belltech links?

Are you currently using those links or threaded rod?

Thanks again for your insight.
Mark

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
All local guys trucks and including mine I make all the rods myself to the length i want. The length that belltech supplies I feel is to long unless you like a lot of rake.

2.5 inches no im referring to my links

Intimidator3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mark, I believe I used a #10 3" machine screw for my links. Tony, feel free to correct me if thats the wrong screw. I currently have them at 2.75" from center to center and I have the spacer in the driver's side only. However, I'd like to see how it rides with the links shortened a little more. I'm hoping for it to be a little softer. Good luck

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
10x24 3 inch machine screw cut off the head and cut the link as needed

OP
OP
B

bodymccannx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again guys/

Tony, I am lowering the front 1 more inch with the BT springs I already have; I know a lot of people do not go with this option, but if I don't like the ride, I will do the strut option.

Intimidator, I assume you've already done the free travel mod out back?

Mark

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
if you have it go for it and remember if it has a lean still you can send me the struts and I can modify it.

Intimidator3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I didn't do the free travel mod. However, I'm using the spacer on the driver's side. Not sure if that makes a big difference. I can definitely tell you that the ride improved when I cut the links to 2.75". It rides a little rougher than stock, but not terrible. I'm wondering if it will ride a little better if I shorten the links some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts