auto start not working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eidens13

Reaction score
I'm having a weird problem with my autostart on my 2008 GMC Yukon. when i press the auto start button on the key fob the rear gate opens??? WTF? Brought it to the dealer and they tried reprogramming the key fobs and it didn't work. Any ideas of what it may be? Trying to see if its gonna be an arm and a leg to fix or what. Thanks.

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having a weird problem with my autostart on my 2008 GMC Yukon. when i press the auto start button on the key fob the rear gate opens??? WTF? Brought it to the dealer and they tried reprogramming the key fobs and it didn't work. Any ideas of what it may be? Trying to see if its gonna be an arm and a leg to fix or what. Thanks.

What I know from a previous encounter if there is a code causing the Check engine light to come ON it won't work!

I would do a scan for codes first

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
E

Eidens13

Reaction score
My check engine light isn't on though...guess I will have to take it to the dealer and shell out $

TowGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My auto start wouldn't work either when I had a bad O2 sensor. I didn't get a CEL, but the dealer scanned the OBD2 and found the sensor was out of spec but still functioning. Replaced the sensor under warranty and auto start was restored too

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My hunch is that your truck didn't come equipped with factory remote start and someone added a fob WITH remote start. I know in the past dealing with these cars if they don't have factory remote start but a remote start fob is programmed to the vehicle, the start button activates trunk/hatch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA