PCM chassis grounding locations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a pinout for the PCM but curious if anybody knows which chassis grounds are closes the PCM / tied into the PCM.

As well as the Aux power.

Backstory: I tuned my truck. Wired up wideband and ran it off aux power with Cigarette power adapter. I noticed when the watching the wideband w/o the data logger hooked up my AFR was wrong 13.0:1 (rich). I noticed when I plugged the data logger in the issue went away (ties PCM ground and Aux power ground together). I assumed the ground on my Aux power was floating high causing the discrepancy. Well I noticed my gas mileage absolutely SUCKED at the last fill up. I suspect my theory was backwards. My PCM ground must be a bit high causing narrow bands to read wrong AFR and richen up fuel. I was going to check the ground spots for the PCM. I've gone through damn near every ground and cleaned it since buying the truck but is worth another check, just not sure which chassis grounds are closest / tied into the PCM.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
See attached zoomable PDF. Primarily Ground Zone 4, upper-lefthand in the diagram.

Attachments

• Grounds - GMT800 Body Grounds ECM.pdf
    63.9 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, I know the one on the driver side, under the exhaust manifolds / on crankcase.

I don't know of one of the passenger side of the block... do you know are they referring to the back of the lifter valley behind the cover / near firewall?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660