Anyone running Spohn Rear Control Arms?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

signguy62

Reaction score
The djm brackets don’t center the axle. They just drop the back of the arm down to get a better angle for better handling and ride quality
The DJM relocation brackets move the axle rearward (back to center of the wheel well) in drops of 3+ inches.
But thanks anyway.

signguy62

Reaction score
I think he meant centering it fore and aft, not side-to-side. I'm sure you guys already know this: On larger drops that have the arms north of parallel with the ground, the axle is moved forward due to the arc of the arms. It's minimal, but noticeable if you study it hard enough.
I knew you knew what I meant. But I haven't been able to find anyone who's actually used the DJM/Spohn combination yet.
Well, except Tony....But he has a "better" product he's peddling these days.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew you knew what I meant. But I haven't been able to find anyone who's actually used the DJM/Spohn combination yet.
Well, except Tony....But he has a "better" product he's peddling these days.

I tried to find pics of mine from that angle. All I have are from the rear and under. I wanted to compare the factory arm mount on the axle to the relocated position on the DJM pieces to see if there was anything in the way a boxed tube might hit. I really think the factory stamped arms are taller and the Spohn pieces would have more clearance. I know this isn't a definite answer for you, though.

The pics I've found online of the stock arm compared to pics of the Spohn arms makes it look like the box part (the actual link) of the Spohn arm is a little shorter than the diameter of the bushing end. The "box" of the stock arm is the same height all the way across and over the bushings:

Lower-Control-Arms-Tahoe-Rear-Lower-Control-Arms-1.jpg

moog-moog-rk641916-360-giant-01-10.jpg

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The DJM relocation brackets move the axle rearward (back to center of the wheel well) in drops of 3+ inches.
But thanks anyway.

it literally drops the rear of the control arm straight down. The axle doesn’t move at all with that bracket. If it did, the pinion angle would change significantly and you’d have crazy vibrations.

Without that bracket, the front of the control arm would hit the frame during travelIMG_7452.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts